7: to love is to let go

----------------
AIAH

The night was quiet, the soft hum of the city outside barely audible through the open window of my dimly lit living room.

The air was cool, a gentle breeze slipping through the curtains, but it did little to ease the heaviness in my chest. Staring at my bandaged arm, I heaved a deep sigh.

'She's deeply hurt that night'

'To the point that Mikha attempted to take her own life '

My friends voice echoed on my mind. I caused her that pain.

Gusto kong ibsan lahat ng sakit na nararamdaman niya pero hindi ko magawa dahil ako ang dahilan ng mga sugat na kahit kailan hindi na magsasara.

Mikha doesn't deserve any of those suffering- kung alam ko lang na ganito ang mangyayari sa pagbabalik ko, sana hindi nalang umuwi para kahit papaano nagpatuloy siya sa paghilom.

But I ruined those, dahil nabuksan ko lang lahat ng sugat na nalampasan na niya dahil sa kagustuhan kong mahalin siya.

My fingers absentmindedly traced the edges of the gauze, my mind wandering back to her, as it always did.

Should I just stop para matapos na lahat ng paghihirap na nararanasan niya?

I closed my eyes, hoping for just a moment of peace, but the image of her face flashed behind my eyelids.

Those eyes she has earlier...

Her worried expression was seared into my memory, a small flicker of warmth that somehow found its way into my heart despite everything.

But that flicker quickly dimmed, snuffed out by the reality of how she had treated me over the past few days.

What had happened earlier-the concern in her eyes, the way she had rushed to my side-it probably meant nothing to her.

Just an another passing moment in her life, easily forgotten. But to me, it was a memory that I knew I would hold onto forever.

Kahit masakit. Dahil wala ng lahat ng iyon sa mga sakit na pinagdaanan niya.

The coldness in her gaze whenever we crossed paths, the silence that hung between us like a wall I could never breach-it was enough to make anyone give up.

The humiliation of being dismissed and embarrassed in front of others had scarred me, yet here I was, still choosing to hold on. Still trying, over and over again.

"Ai!" Jhoanna's voice echoed through the living room, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up, surprised to see her standing in the doorway, concerned etched into her features.

"Jho..." I muttered, my voice barely above a whisper. They're supposed to be home later since they'll meet another client when they land. "What-" But before I could even question her.

She crossed the room in quick strides, gently taking my arm in her hands, inspecting the bandage. I could only stare at her, words failing me.

Every time I opened my mouth to speak, nothing came out. Adie on the other corner was staring with worried eyes yet I looked away.

"Ano 'to? What happened? I told you to call me if something's wrong, right? Aiah!" Her voice was filled with frustration, her concern evident.

"What are you doing here, I thought may client pa kayo?" I asked, avoiding her questions. Her brows furrowed as she studied me.