epilogue

------------------------
AIAH

Months had passed, and everything was slowly starting to feel normal again-at least, on the surface.

I was still healing from the heartbreaks, still figuring out how to be in the same circle of friends with Mikha without feeling the sharp pain of the past every time I saw her.

She was always there, always around, but I had learned to keep my distance. It was easier that way, for both of us.

Mikha and I, we used to be everything to each other. Our love was intense, consuming, but it was also fragile.

And now, we were both paying the price for the mistakes, for the hurt we caused each other.

I knew she was still hurting-I'd seen the way her eyes lingered on me when she thought I wasn't looking. But I couldn't afford to let her back in, not anymore.

Dahil nasasaktan rin ako

It was Colet who had been my silent comfort through it all. She didn't say much, but her presence alone was enough to remind me that I wasn't alone.

Every time I felt like I was slipping into that familiar sadness, Colet was there-steady, patient, her quiet strength always reassuring me without a word.

"Okay ka lang ba, Ai?" Colet's voice pulled me from my thoughts. We were sitting in a café, the same one our group of friends. Bukas ang balik namin sa Canada and it was a little get together before I left.

Six months passed so fast at hindi gaya ng iniisip kong wakas sa loob ng anim na buwan ang kinahinatnan ng pagbabalik ko.

Everyone was chatting and laughing, but I had drifted off into my own world.

I gave her a small smile. "Yes, I'm good"

"Sigurado ka? Parang malayo ang iniisip mo," She pressed gently, her eyes searching mine for any hint of discomfort.

I nodded, though I knew she could tell I wasn't being entirely truthful. "I'm just... processing. Alam mo na."

She didn't push any further, simply offering me a warm smile before turning back to her coffee.

That was one of the things I appreciated most about Colet-she never forced anything out of me.

She's letting me heal at my own pace.

Mikha was sitting on the opposite side of the table, talking quietly with Maloi, but I could feel her gaze flicker toward me every now and then.

It was always like this now-us sharing the same space, but never really speaking. We had become strangers who knew each other too well.

Our friends, bless them, tried to keep things light. Sheena cracked a joke, and the group erupted in laughter. I joined in, forcing a laugh even though my heart wasn't really in it.

"Mamimiss ka namin Aiks" Stacey being the emotional one suddenly said.

"Babalik balik naman ako" I smiled at her