12: ikaw at ako

----------------------

As Mikha stepped out of the room, the weight of her sorrow clung to her like a suffocating shadow. Her mind wrapped in the echo of Aiah's words.

'Mahal ko na si Colet— Mikha'

The thought reverberated, weighing heavy on her soul. Each step felt like a journey into the unknown, farther from Aiah, the woman who once anchored her heart.

Her feet felt heavy, as if every step she took away from Aiah was a nail in the coffin of the love they once shared.

Her tears had slowed, but they left her drained, an empty shell. Memories of her and Aiah together flooded her mind—late-night conversations, stolen kisses, moments that now felt like distant dreams.

They had built a world together, and Mikha had destroyed it in a fit of fear and immaturity. Aiah had always been so patient, her love unwavering despite Mikha's push overs.

But even the strongest of hearts could break, and she had pushed Aiah too far.

The world outside was moving on, even though hers had stopped. How cruel it seemed, for everything to continue as if nothing had changed, when her heart was breaking.

She closed her eyes, and for a moment, she allowed herself to feel the weight of her sorrow

The sun's warmth on her skin reminded her of how Aiah used to hold her, the way her embrace could chase away the coldest of days.

She clutched her chest, the tears refusing to stop as the realization of her loss hit her again and again.

Outside the door, the world continued to move, unaware of the broken hearts inside.

The hallway was quiet, save for the faint murmurs and the distant hum of machinery. But for Mikha, it was as though everything had come to a painful halt.

She slid down the wall, her knees giving way beneath her. The sobs came uncontrollably now, her hands shaking as she tried to cover her mouth, not wanting anyone to see her like this. But it didn't matter—nothing mattered anymore.

How did it come to this?

How had she lost the only person she had ever truly loved and loved her?

As she sat there, drowning in her grief, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Startled, she looked up and saw Colet standing there, her expression filled with a mixture of pity and understanding.

Mikha's heart twisted at the sight of her, the woman who had taken her place in Aiah's heart.

"Colet..." Mikha whispered, her voice barely audible through her sobs. "Si Aiah...she—"

Colet knelt down beside her, her face solemn but gentle. "Mikha," She began softly, "I didn't want it to end like this for you. But you have to let Aiah go. She's been through so much, and she's choosing herself now. Kailangan niya 'yon"

Mikha shook her head, her tears blurring her vision. "I love her, Colet... Mahal ko pa rin siya. I thought I could make it right. Tangina—"

"I know," Colet replied, her voice steady but full of empathy. "But sometimes, love isn't enough when too much pain has been inflicted. She needs to heal, and you do too."

"Mahal ko si Aiah higit pa sa alam mo at nasasaktan ako sa tuwing nakikita siyang ganito— pero Mikha — Ai was just really having a hard time kaya nasabi niya iyon"

"Mahal ka ni Aiah pero nasaktan siya Mikha, masakit man pero ramdam kong hindi hihigit sa kaibigan ang pagtingin niya sa akin at tanggap ko na iyon— she needs time, ibigay mo muna sa kanya iyon, ganoon rin sa sarili mo"

"Palayain niyo muna ang isa't isa, Mikha palayain mo muna si Aiah" It was the final blow, the words Mikha had dreaded hearing, but she knew this was the end of their chapter.

She had to let Aiah go, even if it tore her apart.

“You can't protect someone by breaking them, Mikha. Hindi iyon pagmamahal”

The words pierced through Mikha's heart like a dagger, but deep down, she knew Colet was right.

She had to let go, as much as it tore her apart. Aiah had made her decision, and no amount of pleading could undo the damage that had been done.

It was her fault in the first place, kung nakinig lang sana siya at hindi piniling itulak si Aiah palayo, ay hindi sana sila aabot sa puntong ito.

Wiping her tears, Mikha looked at Colet, her chest tight. "Ingatan mo siya" She whispered. "Please... just take care of her."

Colet nodded, her eyes filled with an unspoken promise. "I will."

With that, Mikha slowly stood up, her legs unsteady but determined. She had nothing left to fight for.

It was time to let go, even if it meant walking away from the one person who had once been her everything.

As she turned and walked down the hall, each step felt like a goodbye. The pain was overwhelming, but this time, Mikha knew it was final.

Aiah had chosen herself, and maybe, just maybe, it was time for Mikha to do the same.

As the sky darkened, Mikha realized that this was the first step toward healing—for both of them.

It was time to let go, time to move on. Maybe one day, their paths would cross again, but for now, all they had were memories.

—at pag dumating ang panahon na magtagpo muli sila— sana hilom na ang mga sugat para muling maipagpatuloy ang pagmamahal na kailanma'y alam nilang hindi naman nagwakas.

Dahil ngayon, Mikha only regrets the chances she didn't take.

*****************
thank you for voting, it's appreciated!