8: the lies within

-------------------
MIKHA

The garden was quiet, the night sky was dew clinging to the roses, glistening in the moonlight.

A soft breeze stirred the leaves, the scent of damp earth filling the air. The vibrant colors of the flowers and the gentle rustling of the trees contrasted sharply with the heaviness that lingered in my chest.

Slowly, I moved back, my feet dragging through the grass as if burdened by the weight of my emotions.

I found a spot near the side of the house and sat down, resting my head in my hands, elbows on my knees.

I could hear her faint sobs from behind me—small, broken sounds that pierced the silence like tiny daggers.

My mind went blank. I couldn’t bring myself to look back at her, not after what I had done.

The wind carried the sound of her hiccups as they echoed through the stillness of the night.

My feet, heavy and hesitant, finally took the courage to leave yet couldn't. Without saying a word, I watched her walk away, her tears and cries following me in the wind.

I felt like a coward, stuck at the scene of the crime, yet I couldn’t bear to stay any longer. I want to reach her, to take all the lies I've said back but I couldn't move.

"Wala ka talagang utak" Colet's voice echoed after a mere silence. "Mas masakit kang magmahal, Mikha" The anger in her voice was heard as she pointed at me

"Don't talk when you know nothing Colet— you can have her now"

"Putangina mo, hindi bagay si Aiah para saktan at ipamigay mo ng ganito— pero sisiguraduhin ko, hindi siya iiyak sa piling ko Mikha." Galit na wika niya.

"Of all people Lim, pinatunayan mo lang sa kanya na hindi ka dapat balikan pa, you don't know what she has faced para saktan din siya ng ganito"

"Aiah doesn't deserve someone like you, dahil base sa ginawa at mga ginagawa mo. You just proved na nagmamahal siya ng maling tao."

"Wala kang alam Colet —"

"Ikaw ang walang alam Mikha! At sa oras na malaman mo ang totoo, hinding hindi ka na makakalapit pa kay Aiah dahil ako na ang makakalaban mo"

"Fuck you, Colet" I cursed her that made her lips lifted.

"No, fuck you Mikha" She pointed a finger at me through gritted teeth, her eyes were glistening with tears.

"Sa susunod na magmamahal ulit siya— sisiguraduhin kong hindi na siya susugal sayo" Her words were like venom, it was left me scared.

Colet walked away habang sumunod rin ang iba sa kanya papasok. I was left standing nowhere, numb and dumb.

Aiah's cries and sobs lingered on my head, bigla ay parang babagsak ako. I'm so alone.

I looked up to dry the forming tears before I sighed to calm myself, naglakad ako palabas at wala sa sariling bumalik sa bahay ko.