t e n

"Ugh! I'm so exhausted!"

I turned around from my position on the couch and watched as Ryler made his way towards the spot beside me.

It's been a couple of months since the whole Bianca incident where I had a fight with Ryler. He started talking to me again afterwards therefore I'm pretty sure Dean had a word with him.

"Was it the press again?"

He nodded in agreement and hopped on the couch beside me. "The media is becoming a nuisance."

"Well... you are the son of a famous tv host."

"And people care a little too much about that fact."

I scoffed. "Why wouldn't they?"

"Can we just- not talk about this? I came here to spend some time with my female best friend... cut me some slack, Ayla. I'm really tired."

I sighed heavily in reply and changed the channel to Cartoon Network and nearly squealed when Adventure Time was on.

"I haven't seen this in a while." A small smile appeared on Ryler's face. "It brings back so many memories."

I laughed as I recalled those memories. "You mean- when it first came out, we got so addicted to the show that we started dressing up as Finn and Marceline whenever Adventure Time came on?"

"Yeah... it was before we met Dean, huh?"

"I guess so."

"Dean's been with us for a small amount of time but it feels like I've known him for ages."

I nodded in agreement. "Now that I think about it... I guess you're right. It feels like he's been here all the time-"

"Are you two talking about me?"

We turn our heads, startled at the sudden British accent interrupting our conversation.

Ryler smirked evilly. "And if we were?"

Dean glared childishly and stomped his way to the couch and sat in between us. "If you were; I'd very much prefer you stop now and in return I'll let you chaps off the hook. Whad'ya say?"

Ryler and I looked at each other before continuing our conversation; ignoring the poor British boy.

"Anyways- I've always thought Dean was such a weirdo. He never washes his socks."

I grimace and give Dean a playful disgusted look. "Ew... His mom also told me about how he was 9 years old and still wet the bed."

"Really?!"

"ENOUGH!" The 13 year old exclaimed. "I am tired of you two always roasting me as if I'm some sort of turkey on thanksgiving."

"Did he just compare himself to turkey?"

"Loser." Ryler sang, causing Dean to snatch the remote out of my hands and turn the volume of the tv up.

Adventure Time was still playing, leaving us in the quiet room with only victorious cheers coming from Finn the Human and Jake the Dog. We all watched intently before Dean broke the comfortable silence between us.

"My dad left today."

Ryler nor I uttered a word as Finn the Human was being tricked by Marceline the Vampire.

We both didn't know what to say; we were quite young ourselves and didn't know how to comfort a friend whose parents recently divorced due to his father having an affair.