s i x

It was only seven in the morning and the moment I saw his face; I felt tired.

Today was Jessie's turn to cook breakfast hence why there was a plate of bacon & eggs with baked bean and toast in front of, Ryler while my plate was situated three seats down from him.

Oh Jessie.

"Hey." I say as I make myself comfortable. "What time did you get in last night? I wanted to talk to you."

"I have no obligation to tell you that, nor ask what you wanted to talk about." He replies, not even looking at me to say it.

I gritted my teeth as a little ball of anger was formed internally. "I'm not interrogating you, Ryler. I was just asking-"

"Around one. Dean, was long gone before I got here."

"Which reminds me," I bite into my food and speak. "How can you call, Dean over if you're gonna show up 2 hours late? You shouldn't have asked him to meet up with you if you were gonna be so late."

He rolled his eyes causing the ball of anger to grow. "I already apologised."

"You're lying."

"How are you so sure?" He asked with a mouthful.

"Because you never apologise for anything."

He shrugged. "That is quite true, huh?"

I licked my teeth in irritation and devoured my breakfast so I could leave.

I've made up my mind.

I won't tell him about being tired of this relationship and marriage or whatever the hell I was gonna say last night. I'm gonna make sure he realises that this marriage doesn't affect me.

Not just Ryler, but my parents and Ryler's dad too.

I stood up and walked my empty plate to the kitchen sink.

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have better things to do rather than argue with a snotty nosed brat like you." As I reach for my bag, a seat away from where I was sitting, I look up and find, Ryler smiling.

No, not a genuine smile. It was a smile that was meant to tease me, showing all his front teeth. His smile was simply,

a little too... green.

"Snotty nosed brat? What am I? A five year old?"

I scoffed and attempted to contain my laughter but it was too hilarious not to laugh at. "You don't look it but you have the mind of one." I start to laugh even harder.

A look of confusion marred his features. "What are you laughing at?"

I wipe a tear from my eye dramatically and make my way to leave the dining room. "The fact that karma is looking absolutely green for you today!"

Before he could reply, I left the house in a fit of laughter, making my way to school.

Looks like those breath mints in his bathroom really do come in handy.

Oh wait.

Didn't I swap them?

Ahah.

*

Ryler's POV.

The moment, Ayla left, the feeling of curiosity continued to burn as I sprinted towards the nearest bathroom.