n i n e t e e n

After the quarrel with Ryler; I grabbed Wills hand and walked out of the hospital room in a composed-angry manner that day.

I avoided going back for six days straight and spent my time at school or with Will and Celine or at the dock near my parents house.

But before I knew it... Ryler was being discharged a little too early for some unknown reason and I had a feeling that I was going to find out with the incoming call, I was currently receiving from my dad.

"Hello?"

"Don't you even think of flunking the meeting today. Ryler got discharged early for this. So don't be late."

"What meeting?"

"I'll see you at Taylors Enterprises in an hour."

And just like that- he hung up on me; leaving me in a stunned silence. Then it dawned on me... I remember Ryler calling a couple of days ago, saying that both of our fathers wanted to have a meeting with us at Taylors Enterprises after Ryler gets discharged.

It's quite obvious that the meeting involves Ryler's recent affairs and the entire marriage contract.

It's a little weird to say; that there is no way for me to possibly live a normal and average life without all of the drama, the contracts, the money and my pathetic excuse of a husband.

Even if I didn't marry him, I was going to marry Andrew anyways.

I failed to mention this earlier, but I moved out of the mansion last week. A day after I fought with Ryler at the hospital. It wasn't him that drove me to move out, it was rather the pressure and weight of everything that's been a nuisance to me for the past few years that pushed me to do it.

I was sick of everything and everyone and decided it was time I started standing firm on my own. So, I moved into a beach apartment near my parents house and am currently job hunting.

A knock at the door, pulled me out of my train of thoughts as I stood up to open it, revealing Frida with her blue ombré hair in a messy bun, carrying a large brown paper bag filled with goods.

"I was on my way back from the gym and passed by the grocery store. I was thinking that maybe we could hang out today?" She smiles while entering. She still wore her Nike runners and adidas branded clothes.

I smile guiltily at the quirky girl standing in front of me. "I love you so much for coming over; but I have a meeting in an hour and I need to be there or else my dad will not only cancel my credit card but also make my life miserable."

A frown appears on her face. "Will you be long? I have something to talk to you about too."

"I don't know how long the meeting will take but I swear on my life, that I will drive like a street racer back here when I'm done. You can stay over tonight if you want." I grab my bag and head for the door. "I have to go now because it's a long drive if I'm headed for the office. Just don't forget to lock the door on your way out if you don't plan on staying."

"Yeah-yeah. Have fun." She says sarcastically bored.

I ignore her childishness and head for my car.