ten

if you're ready, heart is open
I'll be waiting, come and find me

Night fell and it had started raining again. Frankly, Sunghoon was getting sick from sleeping on the rooftop under the pouring rain. Literally, he was getting sick.

While he could spend what money he had in a cheap motel, he knew better than to risk his safety. With a rising fever taking a toll on his body, Sunghoon felt his mind shut down before collapsing back on the ground.

He was tired after searching for multiple jobs that day, aggravated that he was rejected for all of it due to the lack of a resume. Most of all, he spent his time praying for the sunshine every time grey clouds appeared.

Turns out there's only so much a sunshine boy like him could do with a helpless heart. A sunshine boy who ran away from Seoul and claimed an abandoned building's rooftop as his new home.

"I'm shocked for the second time today because of you Sunshine Boy, the hell are you doing again?!" A voice yelled amid the pitter-patter of the rain.

Turning his attention to the familiar voice, Sunghoon recognised the figure to be Haneul. Too sick and fatigued to fight back, Sunghoon closed his eyes as the sky's tears drenched him entirely.

"Go away Haneul,"

"Get up grandpa, you're gonna get sick," Haneul approached him, covering Sunghoon with her only umbrella.

Sighing stubbornly, Sunghoon stood up from the ground before facing the shorter girl. "No, you're gonna get sick," Sunghoon scrunched his nose at the fact Haneul was now exposed to the rain.

"Why are you even here?" Sunghoon sighed irritably, wishing he was left alone to his pity-party.

"To see if you were still here gadoy. It started raining again after two hours of Sun!" Haneul exclaimed, yet Sunghoon only rolled his eyes.

"I'm not leaving until you go home. Just because you stopped the rain doesn't mean you have to camp out here till morning," Haneul said, stretching her arm up so that the umbrella covered Sunghoon enough.

"I have nowhere to go," Sunghoon muttered tiredly, grabbing the umbrella before covering Haneul instead. Knitting her brows worriedly, Haneul looked at Sunghoon, who had his head hung low.

Noticing his pale skin and dark eyebags, Haneul placed a hand over the taller boy's forehead before letting out an audible gasp. His pale face certainly did not justify the fact that his forehead was hot, indicating the obvious fever he had.

"I don't know who the hell you are, but I know well enough that you aren't from around Tokyo. You're following me whether you like it or not," Haneul declared before ducking away from the umbrella.

As she grabbed his unusually heavy bag, Sunghoon could only stand in shock as he watched the brunette stalk away with his bag. Clearly help was being offered to him and he wasn't in the right state of mind and health to refuse.

"Let's go Sunshine!" Haneul called out from the front, halting as she flashed a smile at Sunghoon.

For the first time in a long and gloomy week, Sunghoon felt a part of himself warm up from Haneul's smile alone.