chapter four

As Delia started packing her things back up Thomas walked over and put his hand on her arm. Delia looked at him and he looked at her and gave a weak smile. "I am sorry." he whispered. Delia nodded. "I know." She breathed as she looked him up and down. She thought to herself, 'why am I just now noticing how beautiful he is.' she admired his shaggy black greasy hair, his pretty tanned skin and his perfectly straight teeth.. 'snap the hell out of it.' She slowly stepped back from his gripped ad smiled. "I know. It's okay." he leaned down by her ear and whispered. "Good. I'm glad." Delia stopped breathing and nodded awkwardly. She turned back around and walked into the bathroom. She closed the door and turned towards the mirror, blowing air out of her mouth and ran her hands through her hair, silently freaking out. She ran the water and started to wash her face with cold water. She took a towel and started to dry her face when she heard a knock at the door. "Hey are you decent?" came Thomas's voice. Delia heart dropped and she banged her hands against her head. "Uh, yeah I'm good." She called and Thomas slowly opened the door. "Can I come in?" Delia widened her eyes and nodded. "UH yeah yeah come in. I'll get out of your hair." She opened the door all the way and ran into him. "Oh my god I'm so sorry." She nervously laughed. He smiled and shook his head. "Get out creep." He teased. 
    When Delia walked out of the car, she slipped her earbuds in and played a true crime podcast. In the corner of her eye she saw Thomas glance at her a few times and she shook her head and cleared him out of her head. 
When they landed back in Montana, Thomas poked her arm. Delia took her earbuds out, unaware that she still had them in. "Sorry, I totally forgot I had these in. What's up?" Thomas smiled and Delia got butterflies in her stomach. "So what's the plan now?" he asked while following Delia to the car. "Well, right this moment we're going to the car. And then I'm dropping you off at home so that I can go home and then tomorrow we're going to see the Inspector and recollect." She smiled as they got into the car. "Uhm. Actually." He started and Delia looked at him as she started the car. "Can I crash at your place?" He looked at her and had his lips sucked him. Delia raised her eyebrow as her stomach dropped. "How come..?" Delia asked gently. Thomas shrugged and made a face. "Literally nothing. I just need to crash at your place for a while." Delia lifted her brow and rolled her eyes. "If you don't want to talk about what happened then say so. Don't just lie and say everything is fine." She huffed. Thomas raised his eyebrow and glanced at her then went back to looking out the windshield. "Martha kicked me out after my daughter did. We broke up. I don't necessarily want to talk about it right this second."  Delia looked at him and gave him a sympathetic smile. "Don't." He growled. Delia jerked her head. "The fuck?" Thomas gave her a look. "Don't give me that sympathetic smile bull shit." he snapped. Delia pulled over on the road and slammed her breaks. "Listen you fuck-wad." She yelled. "I don't know what the hell kind of cycle your on, but you better watch how the hell you talk to me!" she slammed her hand on the wheel and accidentally honked her horn, scaring the hiker in front of them. Thomas made a face and looked out the window. "I'm sorry." He mumbled. Delia huffed. "You damn better be." Thomas smirked and gave her a look. "Okay mom." he teased. Delia smiled and punched his shoulder. 
When they got to her house, she threw the keys to him. "I'll be right in. Don't let Lukas out." She nodded toward the door. Thomas nodded and went to go to the trunk. "I'll bring it in. Pick any room except mine." She smiled. Thomas looked towards the farm house and admired the grandparent vibe to it. "You got animals?" He called while Delia was looking through her phone. "Yep! Cows, Horse, Dog, cats, chickens." She listed. Thomas smiled. "Think I could move in?" He teased. Delia looked at him as she got butterflies. "If you pay rent yeah." Thomas smiled and headed inside, fighting off the dog. 
Delia called her sister and explained to her the whole Thomas situation. She heard squealing on the other end of the phone and she rolled her eyes. "OK relax." She held her phone away from her ear. "Do not tell dad. I gotta go." She hung up and brought the bags in, throwing them on the stairs and sitting on the floor and hugging her dog Lukas and giving him kisses. Thomas watched from the kitchen hallway. "Hey, want me to make dinner tonight?" He asked and shrugged. "It's the least I could do." He shrugged and smiled. Delia smiled and stood up, brushing the dog hair off her sweater. "Sure." she brushed past him. "Uh, make sure not to break anything and put everything back where it was." She explained as she showed him where everything was.  Thomas grabbed her by the waist and pushed her out of the kitchen. "Relax. I got this." He smile reassuringly as he closed the barn doors to the kitchen.