Sì shí èr

Until the very last moment
You'll have to trust me
I'm your sweet Russian roulette

-------------------------------

"I'm not interested in your assets and neither do I want it."

"It doesn't matter, I ...I ...will work harder—" Lisa stuttered.

"But marrying you is possible," Jisoo put her hand out in front of Lisa.

"What?" Lisa had a blank expression as he stared at Jisoo.

"What, you're not willing to part with the ring?" Jisoo took her hand back as she said this but Lisa quickly grabbed her hand as she came back to her senses,

"You have already agreed. You can't take it back!" Lisa's hand trembled slightly as she took out the ring.

"Lastly... Cartier or Bvlgari?"

"Ya!! Don't scare me, baby."

Lisa carefully slid it on Jisoo's finger. Then, she kissed the back of her hand, "I'm very happy."

"Stupid, what are you still kneeling for? Is kneeling on the floor that comfortable?" Jisoo poked Lisa's head.

"Her Highness is just practicing so that when she kneels on the washing board, it won't be as painful in the future," Seeing that her boss had settled the matter about her marriage, Seong Woo thought that there was hope that his wages could increase, so he happily said, "CEO-ssi, remember to treat us to a meal."

"The meal you just ate hasn't even been digested and you're already thinking about the next one?"

When facing her own employee, Lisa was not gentle anymore, "Since you're so spirited, you can work overtime this week and come up with a few proposals for the project."

"Sajangniiiiim, you're joking, right?" Regretting what he previously said, Seong Woo felt like his tears were going to run down his face.

"I never joke around with you." Lisa smiled lightly which made Seong Woo shiver.

Their friends congratulated them loudly for some time before they all tactfully bid the couple goodbye and left. Soon, there were only the two of them left in the house. Jisoo was sitting on the sofa. Even though she was staring at the TV, she wasn't actually concentrating on what was playing.

On her right hand, her ring finger was wearing a simple but beautiful diamond ring. Since the ring had just been added onto her finger, she was not used to it yet. But when Jisoo caressed the flowers carved around the ring, she was in a great mood.

Since she would have to marry sooner or later anyway, the current situation was good.

"What are you thinking about?" Lisa sat beside Jisoo. She also carried a bowl of melon seeds, which she liked to eat.

"I was thinking that if my mother knows that I agreed to someone's proposal so easily, I don't know if she will hit me with a broom," Jisoo took a handful of melon seeds from the bowl.

"My mother hopes that I find a steady and reliable man to spend the rest of our life together. Appearance and money aren't important. The most important thing is that the man is a good person."

"Am I not steady or reliable?" Lisa was reminded by Jisoo's words that getting on her mother-in-law's good side was probably going to be difficult. She moved closer to Jisoo and said, "When the time comes, remember to speak up for me."