Chapter 3

Neveah

A week after my enfuriating encounter with Nash , I found myself seeing him- in one of the few places I had left for escaping- bright and early on a Tuesday morning. But as life had come to have it , my tuesday would be shaken up by fate.

****

"Neveah" my lecturer called out as I stepped into the lecture hall , 15 minutes early... Surprisingly. I whipped my head around and looked in her direction to see her summoning me with a hand motion , as if her bellowing my name wasn't an already obvious indication that she wanted to see me

"Whats up Mrs P?"  I asked approaching her. Mrs P was an old woman in her fiftes. She was definitely the coolest lecturer around here though.

"The drama department need someone to paint sets and since you're already ahead with your coursework I figured you'd be more than willing?" she asked nicely

"Yeah sure I'll get on that" I said exiting the building and heading towards the drama department. I stepped into the theatre the cool atmosphere hitting my skin. I greeted the lecturer she pointed me towards the things that needed to be painted.

 I was perched atop a waist-high wall that the drama department made, painting a tree. Most of the class had already arrived but according to the lecturer (I had a habit of eavesdropping) they were still expecting one student.

The doors burst open and the sight I saw caused me to topple backwards off the wall, landing on my buttocks, a very flustered looking Nash, ran from the doors he had just entered from and headed towards me. 

“Oh my gosh, Neveah are you okay?” Nash asked holding his hand out towards me

“Umm yeah thanks.” I muttered brushing myself off

“Well then, on with the show” the lecturer said waving us off dismissively, she began handing out sheets of paper with lines on them.

“These are warm up skits I have prepared for you all, just to get a sense of your acting skills.” She explained, “partner up please” 

I watched as everyone scurried to find a partner, after a while everyone was partnered except Nash, which I found weird since he was a fray boy, but then I remembered that drama majors don’t really like frat boys. Which makes me wonder, why does Nash do drama?...

My thoughts were left unfinished when the lecturer called my name

“Neveah? Could you be a dear and fill in as Nash’s partner?” she asked

I nodded and hopped off the wall, grabbing the pages with the lines on them. At first Nash and I just sat back and watched other pairs of students perform, till it was our turn

“You two will be performing the skit on page 37” the lecturer, who later introduced herself as Mrs Parrish, informed us

I flipped to page 37 and groaned internally as I skimmed through the lines, the scene was a young couple discussing their future together. Oh joy. 

I took a deep breath before nodding at Nash letting him know that I was ready