42

"Oh. My. God." Alice turned to Katie, her maid of honour, who was sharing her bed in a beautiful hotel in Kent. "Today is the day!" Her other bridesmaids; Leah, Jasmine and Summer were all in a room next door equally as excited. In another hotel, about 1 kilometer away, Mason was bursting with a similar amount of excitement, with Declan by his side. Alice was enjoying the getting ready process so much, as it was a moment she had always dreamed of growing up. Stepping into her dress she burst into tears as she caught sight of herself in the mirror, all her bridesmaids feeling a little emotional as well.

"Alice, you look like a princess." Leah sniffed, with everyone agreeing.

"I just can't wait to see her." Mason whispered to Declan as they were standing at the front of the beautiful barn that they were about to be getting married in. A few moments later Alice stepped in through the back doors with her Dad by her side. One look at her and Mason already felt his eyes prickling with tears, he couldn't help but be in awe at how incredible she looked. He wiped his eyes not caring that everyone could see him.

"Take good care of her, Mase." Alice's dad whispered to him before kissing his daughter.

'I promise," Mason replied with a wide smile, making Alice feel so happy. "You look so beautiful." He turned to his soon to be wife, causing the butterflies that had been in her stomach all day to do a somersault. The ceremony was beautiful, and it was soon time for the vows in which Mason went first.

"Five years ago, I went to the theatre. I opened my programme to see the most stunning girl I have ever seen. I couldn't keep my eyes off her all night. She was incredible. Alice, you have changed my life in so many ways that I will be eternally grateful for. I promise to love you no matter what, forever and always." A tear rolled down Alice's cheek, then she began,

"I remember having a conversation with my maths teacher in year 11, when I was failing my maths GCSE. He told me that I needed to try harder because I needed that GCSE for the future, however I responded that I didn't need maths GCSE, because I was going to marry a footballer, and he

had said that wasn't a good enough reason. Well, here I am with a C in maths GCSE and I'm marrying a footballer. Mason I love you so much, you have been there for me when I needed you the most. I promise to be there for you always and love you for the rest of my life, oh and I might need your help with a few maths problems." Everybody laughed and smiled and cried at the vows, both of them finding each other's vows absolutely perfect.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss each other." Their first kiss as a married couple was just as exciting and electric as their first kiss ever. They both felt the happiest they had ever been right there in that moment.