Chapter 2: A Purple Explosion (Nate)

I'm by 2 years the oldest in the group, yet Sky always treats me like I'm 5. I'm 14, she's 12. I should be the leader... Oh whatever.
We got to the forest as quick as we could. The police and fire fighters were already there.
"What exactly happened here?" I asked someone who lived nearby.
"At 8:27 last night, I was on my porch, when a sudden flash caught my attention." The spooked man said."A couple seconds later I saw a purple explosion, and I was like,'Whaaaaa?' "
"Purple?" I looked at John.
"No... How would he know?"
"Who!?" The man asked.
"No one, just go home. And thank you." Sky said. He walked away. Then we dashed to the crater where a temple used to be. Sure enough, there was a tunnel going down.
"Keegan." Sky said, venom dripping from the words.
"Let's go!"
We jumped into the tunnel.
________________John_________________
We plunged into darkness for what seemed like forever. Then the tunnel flattened and we came to a hall.
"I thought you'd never come." A chilled voice said
"Give the orb back, and no one will get hurt." I threatened.
"Oooh, was that a threat, little boy?" Keegan cooed.
"Shut up!" I yelled.
"Hmm... Let me think on that one. Hmmmmm... No!" A ball of darkness flew at my face. I turned into a crocodile and snaped it in half. I turned back.
"Stop bickering, our mission is to get the orb of time so he doesn't stop time or something! NOT to fight like babies!" Sky screamed.
"Fine, we'll fight like adults."
And with that, the room was a war zone.