Kingsley Tealeaf x Water Genasi! Reader

Author's Note(s): Yes I drew him. I couldn't help myself. Yes I did it while I was supposed to be working. No, I'm not sorry about it.

?????'s P.O.V.

   There's clattering and shouting, joyous boisterous laughter, and angry words. Nothing and everything happening all at once in a too small, shady yet cozy tavern. Everything blanketed in a warm amber light. Remaining tucked into one of the corners. My back pressed firmly against the wall. I shuffle my cards watching their images flash by. Along with all the stories that make themselves known with them. The pair across from are drunk. Just like the rest in this tavern, excluding myself. As my standard has gone untouched. 

  "So whatz a crick doin all the way 'ere?" One slurs before downing his drink. Turning my cards I pull off the top three. Lay them down before the bearded man. 

  "What cricks do, sneaking around and being generally untrustworthy." My answer is chirped as if we're talking about the weather. Laying my hand on my first card I admire the back art. Violet colored with silver rim designs and the sigil of the moon weaver in the middle. Finally raising my gaze I glance between the pair.

  "So, which first?" They glance at each other. Before both grin back at me.

~•~

??????'s P.O.V.

  Walking through the docks I dodge the folks. My first mate following close behind me. Making sure greedy hands stay away from my pockets. We walk past several seedy places. Until our destination comes into view. The moon is just rising over the ocean view. Its full light makes it a gorgeous sight. Shame I can't stick around. I've got a date tonight.

  Turning I waltz inside the bar. Being hit by the wave of familiar smells. Sweaty dirty bodies, shit warm liquor, and the smell of rotting wood and piss. Wonderful. Making My way through, the blue-haired woman sticks close to me. We make our way to the counter. Approaching the ginger-furred tabaxi behind the counter. 

  "Aye love," I greet and he looks at me with dark eyes, giving me a once over, "Daddy's home." My purr is answered with a silent bounce of the chin. Reaching he pulls out a pair of tankards. Pouring something a little richer for us.

  "Wait in the lounge, she'll be home soon." The tabaxi answers and I nod, taking the drinks and heading deeper in. Finding the lounge which is a table with chairs circling it. Placed where there's a complete view of the tavern. Settling down we wait for our dealer to show up for the game.

  "It's going good so far boss," Teumessian whispers leaning on the table. Bright curious brown eyes dart over the interior. Glinting with barely restrained excitement behind her teal glasses. "This is gonna be a nice pay day." 

  "Mhmm~" Humming, I look over the crowd. No guards or officials are among the faces. There's mostly human, some dwarven, a few tabaxi, and one other tiefling face. 

 "Pretty average crowd." I purr pleased, nothing out of place. Good. Sipping my drink I watch Tem shift. 

  "Not completely, look," My gaze follows Tem's point. Only for my view to be blocked. As there's a shout and two human men jump. Shouting at someone in front of them tucked into the corner.

  "Oh no," She mumbles, "That's not gonna be pretty." 

  "If some guy gets himself in trouble Tem-" I try to scold her as one of the men reaches for a dagger. 

  "Not a dude boss," Tem whispers and we lock eyes, "Cornered lady." Sighing I throw back a nice amount of liquid courage. Slamming it down and getting to my feet. Knowing if I don't take care of it Teumessian won't be able to help herself. How in the world did I end up a pirate captain with a first mate who has a bleeding heart?