Chapter 16: Together

[LUKE]

"Okay, what are we gonna do in McDonalds?" I made a look at Harvey as we made our way to the entrance of the fast food chain.

"Well, we just need one more person's help in this operation." he answered, as we entered McDonalds.

"And who might this person b... Olette?"

On a table in the corner of the place, we saw Olette, sitting alone. She saw me and widened her eyes. By the looks of it, it was obvious that she was only expecting Harvey.

"Luke... what're you..." then she trailed off, making a look at Harvey, "Harvey..."

Harvey held up his hands in defense, "Now, don't take this the wrong way. Luke's with us because you and I are going to help him in something."

She widened her eyes again. I sighed, "Harvey, it would be polite if you'd fill her in with the details first, BEFORE you assume she'd be helping us with this genius plan of yours... that even I haven't got a clue on what it is yet."

Olette looks at me, "Plan? What plan?" and then he looked at Harvey, "And what do you think you're doing, mister? I thought we were going to..."

"...Talk! And we will. But later. I promise. Luke here just needs help from his friends you know."

Olette and I stared at each other first and then back at him, "Friends?"

And as if he didn't notice--or maybe he overlooked-- the disagreeing tone in our unison phrase, Harvey just smiled and clapped his hand once, "Yeah, and as a good friend, I'll go treat us for lunch, but don't expect anything fancy. Be back in a sec."

"Wait a mi..."

"Hey, Harvey..."

Olette and I said at the same time. But he already left to order food in the counter.

We sighed. I decided to take a seat, not because I agreed to this whole scenario but because I was too stressed out already. I placed my head on my hands, wondering what I'm getting myself into... or what Harvey's getting me into.

"What's he talking about anyways? What are you guys upto?" Olette asked.

I looked up at her. Her arms were crossed. Well, that's inviting.

"He's trying to help me do something special for Rienna."

She raised a brow, expecting for a follow-up explanation.

"I'm planning to ask her if I could court her... you know, officially."

She widened her eyes at that. "Oh."

i just shrugged, "But what we're going to do exactly is beyond me. Harvey hasn't filled me in with the details yet."

"I... see."

Does she really?"

"I'm just... shocked you actually asked him for help."

"I didn't. He offered."

"Ah... now THAT I can believe." she says.

We just sat there in silence for a while. 

Then, "So... you're really serious about Rienna... aren't you..." she says.

I nodded, "Yes, I am." I kept my response short, wary of the tone she was using. There was small part of me that expected she would bring back the subject of our little--and I'm serious when I say LITTLE-- misunderstanding about dating back then.

"I see." she says, then she nodded, "Okay then."

I looked up at her, a brow raised, "Uh... 'okay then'? That's it?"