Chapter 18: A Man's Words

[HARVEY]

Okay, okay! Seeing the girl I had a crush on for a long time CRY was NOT in my to-do list. But here she was, crying her heart out in front of me and I was just staring like an idiot.

If you're looking for the oppurtune moment to prove to her you're the man for her... THIS is it. Voice says in a resounding echo inside my head.

"Uh, Ah! Olette, come on!" I stood up, paid for our drinks, and not waiting for the waiter to get and give me my change, I took her hand and lead her out of the cafe.

What do you think you're doing? the voice asked me.

Wait and see... and oh yeah, SHUT UP.

"Ha--harvey? Where are we going? We haven't even... ordered dinner.. yet..."

"I lost my appetite. Besides... you have to see something."

"What?"

"Wait and see." I told her.

Why don't you tell her to shut up too? the voice inserted.

I swear, if the voice was a real live human right now, I'd punch him.

I led her to a dark alley where there was an entrance of one of the places I love to go when I'm in THE mood. The mood to be artistic, philosophical, and not have anyone tell me I can't do what I want to.

"Harvey, you better tell me where we are or I'll..."

"Close your eyes." I told her.

"What?"

"Come on Olette, close your eyes."

She narrowed her eyes at me, "What are you up to?"

I smiled, "Trust me on this, please Olette?"

She stared at me for one long moment and sighed. "Fine, but if you try anything with me mister, you'll be sleeping with a slap mark in your face tonight."

Ngh. Thanks for the warning.

She closed her eyes and I smiled.

I knocked on the door. Someone immediately opened the door.

"Oh hey Harv, how's it going?"

"Hey man, listen... can I..."

He just laughed, "Yeah, I know the drill. You only come here when you're in your emo moods."

"Hey, I am not emo."

"Yeah, yeah... well, do what I want. It's the least I could do for the guy who brings me a meal every night before he goes home."

I smiled, "Thanks man."

------

"Harvey, can't I open them yet... so I can WALK by myself?" Olette asked impatiently as I lead her inside a dark place, holding her hand and making sure she won't trip.

"Wait, almost... just... stand here." I say, and then after letting go of her hand, I shouted, "Okay man! Lights please."

In an instant, the dark haven was filled with light, and after making sure nothing else needs to be done, I crossed my arms, feeling smug, and then said, "Okay, now you can open them."

Slowly, I saw Olette blinking her eyes open.

And, as I hoped to see, she widened her eyes and a smile started forming in her lips

I took her to the a bigger stage than what our auditorium had. It was the stage where I myself discovered that acting was what I really wanted to do for the rest of my life.