Chapter 9: The Plan

[HARVEY]

Staring wide-eyed at Olette, her eyes stormy blue and her short red hair, making me blush realizing how beautiful she looked. She didn't look mad... she looked almost shy... or maybe even awkward.

If I had any make up on, it did not work long enough. Even I could tell I turned pale as sheet.

"Who's Olette?" Sandra says, uninterested, her arms still around me.

"Ole---Olette! This is uh..." I looked at Sandra, and then I pushed her away from me, "This is nothing!"

"Ouch! Excuse me? Nothing?" Sandra fumed in vex.

I quickly got up and approached her, "Wha... what are you doing here?"

"I... I uh..." she stammered.

"Hello? Is anyone going to introduce me?" Sandra complained, getting up and then placing her hands on her hips, looking like an angry old bride in her costume.

"Yes, Sandra, this is Olette. Olette, Sandra. Introductions made, now let's leave them shall we." the manager pushed Sandra away.

"Wait a sec!" she protested but the manager just continued pushing her away.

I better go thank him later for this.

Then I turned to Olette, who still looked awkward and stuff. I was still in a state of shock.

Olette sighed, "I was on my way home from having dinner, you see. Then I saw you on the stage. I couldn't believe my eyes. It couldn't be you I assumed but I just had to make sure. This man was on his knees, crying and looking so... so..."

"So...?" I urged.

"So passionate." she sighed.

I blushed at that... at the way she said it.

"And watching you perform, well, I could only say that I wished you showed more of that side whenever you and I bump into each other at NYU."

"Re--really? You liked that?" I asked, incredulous.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" she demanded.

"Well... I just... it's just... i didn't know that you were into these sort of things." I explained, "You know... acting, singing, or any other performing arts. You seemed so businesslike all the time, you know." 

"Oh." she says, comprehending, her eyes wide with surprise. Huh? Why surprise? "Well... I.. I'm not, actually."

"Not what?"

"Not interested in the performing arts."

"Huh? Then why...?"

"I told you, I was only surprised that I saw you look different that's why I came in and watched. Not because I was interested in performing arts, of course not! Acting, singing, or any other of those things won't take you so far in life."

My head's getting dizzy, "What? But you just said I looked passionate in what I was doing! If you asked me, you sound pretty impressed."

"Not impressed. Just... surprised to know that you can actually be serious sometimes."

I'm really starting to get a headache, "But why..."

"Nevermind, Harv." she sighed. "Let's just drop it. I have to get home now." she says, completely ending the subject.

"O--oh! Okay, wait! Lemme get dressed and I'll go walk you to the subway."

"No thanks, Harv. Really. It's okay."