The Yule Ball

Harry woke up with a groan, wanting to go back to sleep but knew Ron would wake him up anyway. He sluggishly pushed the blankets off him and got dressed for the day in one of the new long-sleeved shirts, his regular black hoodie, and some of the new jeans Draco got him. He has a feeling Draco's getting suspicious of his behaviour and really, he does not care. All Harry does is put on a fake smile and act happy. But that all changed when Harry got a mysterious note delivered to him by Hedwig to meet under the Willow Tree by lunchtime on Christmas Day. He knew it would have been from Draco.  

Harry was just walking to the Willow tree from the Herbology greenhouses and he pushed his way through the elongated branches. Right as he came through the leaves, he was blindfolded by two hands and he felt warm lips on his cheeks which sent warmth all through his body. It was Draco as he could tell from the citrus scent that filled his nostrils, but he also smelt something so sweet in the air. "Draco..."

"No, it's Blaise," Draco said, and Harry snorts. He guided Harry a few steps forward until he removed his hands from Harry's eyes and showed him what he had planned for them. He grabs Harry's hand and leads him to the green, black, and white checkered blanket. 

Harry's smile widened at what Draco had planned. He sees a platter of fruits, crackers & different types of cheese and berries and a Thermos. "Blimey!" he says in utter surprise. The only way anyone could get these foods is from the kitchens and asking the house-elves for it. He knows not many people know about the way into the kitchens. He knows he didn't tell Draco how to get into the kitchens. "How did you get all this food?"

Draco kneels down, a blush creeps up and spreads across his cheeks and he grabs at Harry's hands, pulling him down. "I planned the date which, yes, I did think of yesterday morning when we were together and you asleep. Blaise helped me with the food and I ordered the Butterbeer yesterday from The Three Broomsticks." He helps himself to a few grapes just to let Harry know he can start eating. "Blaise's mother knows a really great caterer in Hogsmeade."

"It's perfect, Draco," Harry says and smiles while he cuts a thin piece of cheese and puts it on a cracker with a piece of salami. It's all so fancy and new to him. He's never had a picnic before in his life, so this is his first and it's with Draco. "I can finally say we've had our Butterbeer date, ey?"

Draco nods with an excited "Yes, finally!" and watches Harry eat the cracker with feta and salami and his smile widens as he sees that Harry likes the food. He then gets an idea. "You know this is actually pretty good," he says and cuts a little slice out of the Manchego cheese and smears it on a cracker and feeds it to Harry.

Harry hesitates but eventually let's Draco feed him, it turns out he actually likes the cheese Draco got him to try. It was rich yet sweet. He lets the taste melt in his mouth for a few seconds before nodding with approval. "It is!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it, Harry," Draco says and for fun, threw a grape over at him. Instead of it hitting Harry somewhere, he actually caught it in his mouth. It surprised Draco a little, so he did it again and watched as Harry caught the grape in his mouth again. "You can catch the Snitch in the field quite easily by hand, but it appears you can do it by mouth to."

"I just found out I could do that," Harry says and reaches for a toasted sandwich. He could smell what's inside of the sandwich: cheese, tomato, and ham. Its that distinct smell that nearly everyone would know, and it made his stomach grumble, so he got into eating it. He wasn't a taste tester for chef foods, but he knew this was done quite well. He looked up and caught Draco staring at him who was eating from the fruit and berry platter. It never gets old does it, the staring? He loves it.

Draco crawls around the food to Harry and sits by his side. When Harry finishes the toasted sandwich, Draco grabs a twiggy stick, breaks it in half so there's no more than a few inches and holds it at mouth height. Harry knows exactly where this is going, and so he bites onto his end of the twiggy stick and Draco does the same. They continue biting towards the middle of the twiggy stick, knowing what's next and taking their time until they reached the middle. That's when their lips connect and they both focus on the feel of each other's lips on their own. Draco tilts his head to the side just to deepen the kiss a little, and his hands come up to Harry's arms which are covered in Harry's black hoodie. The feel of Harry flinching from touching his arm worries him a little, but he still continued to kiss him just to calm Harry down a little. His hands move their way down to Harry's hands and he intertwines them together.