Chapter Nine: Understanding the Sides

As the sides sat down on the couch they all looked to their purple cladded friend. Virgil was surprised by this. His family actually wanted him to meet someone in Thomas's life. That was new for him. They never really liked Virgil meeting new people. As he got anxious and nervous about everything about it. Which did effect Thomas when it was about his life but for Virgil's own it was worse. But somehow throughout the years the light sides had been able to help him through this problem and make him comfortable with it. " Good on little spider introduce yourself to him. I'm sure he wants to meet the side that actually gave Thomas the nudge to talk to him." Janus said encouraging Virgil to do this just like the light sides had been doing. Virgil nodded and stood up from his place on the stairs. He cleared his throat wanting Nico's attention for this. Nico looked at Virgil and gasped realizing who he was. He was that boy behind Thomas the day he had met him. Which to him was kind of weird. He didn't have sides but he knew encouragement was necessary. " I remember you." Nico said remembering Virgil from the day he had met Thomas at the mall. Virgil was shocked by this as he backed into the wall a bit. " Y-You do?" Virgil asked wondering if Nico has remembered him right since that day. Nico nodded knowing he does. Virgil fidgeted with his hands as he heard that. He didn't expect to be seen that day. He also didn't expect to be remembered by someone they were trying to get Thomas to be with for himself. But it was good to be remembered so he didn't worry about it too much and just went on with the introduction.

Once Virgil had calmed down from the shock he continued. " Okay. Well I am Virgil. I am Thomas's Anxiety. Flight or fight reflex and worries that sort of thing. But I also know all his fears and embarrassing phases." Virgil said explaining everything that he does to Nico and how it helps or effects Thomas in everyway possible. Nico was interested in this and everything Virgil said was easy to understand. Everyone had this instinct and it can be either worse than others or better than others. For Thomas it seems like it was a normal amount but sometimes Virgil can get overwhelmed and cause trouble. " So you guys basically represent everything Thomas is and everything he wants?" Nico asked hoping he has this right. He didn't understand the whole sides thing yet. But he wanted to. He would be dealing with it to if Thomas and him got together and stayed together until the end. He wanted that. It was everything he wanted with Thomas after getting to know him. Thomas is a great person and Nico wanted that. Being around Thomas made him want to be a better person. That's what everyone wants in a relationship. That being with someone you love makes you want to be better for that person. And that it would be the same for the other person. " Yes actually. We are Thomas. We are his personality mostly. We are his thoughts. His feelings. His protection. And his hopes and dreams. We make up who Thomas is. But we are also our own people in so many ways. And we are figuring that out to make ourselves better. So that Thomas can be-" Logan said explaining that Nico was right and everything. But before he could Remus kissed him. Patton took over from there giggling about his kiddos being in love.

" So that Thomas can be the best version of himself he can be. Were still working on it but it will be okay in the end." Patton said explaining the rest of Logan's sentence. He knew that he had been causing some of the problems but so were the others. But they were working it out and making things better for everyone. Even for Thomas. " Alright. So why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be with Thomas and his friends?" Nico asked wondering why they were here and not with Thomas. The sides started laughing at that question. It was kind of funny how they all thought they had to stay with Thomas when he didn't need them. They already talked about this problem. They made sure Thomas knew he would be fine and would have a good day with Joan and Taelyn. Especially when the three of them get back from their day together and enjoy the party with them. " Well Nico we don't really have to be with Thomas unless he needs us. Like when Virgil and Roman were there at the mall with him." Janus said explaining when they can be needed by Thomas but that they weren't there all the time unless something was needed and they had problems too. " Alright. Then why are you guys here?" Nico asked wondering why they were here and not in Thomas's mindscape. Like they said they live in Thomas's mind and had a home there. " Birthday party. That's why we invited you over." Remus said revealing that they had been the ones to text Nico to come over to Thomas's place for a party that they were surprising Thomas with. " Well done Duke of Snitches." Roman said finding that they shouldn't have told Remus about this but it was too late now.

Remus growled and tackled Roman to the ground. " Say that again. I am not a snitch Roman Sanders." Remus said upset that he was called a snitch. Roman screamed as this happened. He only said it because he told Nico their plan a messed up the surprise for when Thomas showed up later. Logan and Virgil sighed knowing their boyfriends would be at this for a while. " Alright let's get to work then." Nico said wanting to help them. The others were happy about this and nodded. They all got to work while the twins fought about Remus being a snitch and telling Nico about this. The fighting stopped once Remus knocked Roman out with his mourning star and going to help Logan with their job. They just hoped with the amount of time they have left they would get it done. They just hoped Thomas wouldn't arrive home early with Joan and Taelyn in toe.

To Be Continued

A/N: So in a couple of paragraphs I was hinting at something but I'm telling anyone what because it's a work in progress. So hope you enjoyed thanks for reading.