chapter 3

it has been some months since haruto appeared in front of doyoung for the first time. it was november, everything was covered in snow, the temperature probably a lot below 0 degrees. doyoung couldn't fall asleep. it was late at night, insanely dark outside, on top of that the weather was terrible. a snowstorm with strongly hovering wind and cold chunks of snowflakes pouring from the tremendous white clouds distinguished on the black sky. doyoung got up from his bed and engulfed in a fuzzy blanket came closer to the window. he frowned seeing how severe the weather was that night.

he was glad that he had a warm house with an even warmer place to sleep at. a slight smile emerged on his face as he thought about all the bliss he possessed in this life but his peace got disturbed a second after. to his surprise, he saw someone outside the window. a vague human shape was standing there, in the middle of this cold and threatening realm which doyoung wanted to avoid.

"who is it?" he thought, concerned. "how can that person stand in such a storm?"

he pursed his lips. doyoung was very helpful and sensible, ever since he was a child. he knew he won't be able to forgive himself if something bad happens to another living creature. so he made up his mind. he will wait for some time, maybe the unknown shape will go away, hide somewhere to be safe.

if not, he will be the one to make them safe.

he walked back to his bed and sat down. the first five minutes of waiting were easy, but he couldn't control the increasing worry he had for a stranger. hence he stood in front of the windowpane again and to his discontentment, the person was still there.

"oh please go away, you will catch a cold, or freeze to death. go ho-" at this instant he realized something. "maybe you... you don't have a home?"

it was like a streak of a reasonable excuse. the idea that the other could be all alone in this world made doyoung pluck up the courage and soon after the boy who feared darkness and sharp, cold snow, opened his front door and ventured out.

// ✧ //