chapter 4

he shrouded himself in his favorite blanket and started moving forward. he had to reach the other, and to be honest doyoung thought it would be an easier task. he was straining a lot, he could barely see anything from afar among white snowflakes that were floating around as if watching his futile efforts.

"h-hello? are you still here?"

he said, his tone raised to be audible despite the wind.

suddenly his foot tread on something that differed from snow. only then did doyoung realize, he was right in front of the person he was looking for.

"i-i am sorry." he stuttered and quickly took a step back. "are you okay? why are you here?" doyoung asked and lifted his gaze, as the other was taller.

their eyes met, and doyoung's lips involuntarily opened again, in a daze. he has never seen anyone with eyes like these. several, minuscule, shiny, real stars were glimmering inside two fully black orbits. doyoung couldn't believe it, so he just kept staring at them, trying to convince himself that it was real and he wasn't just dreaming. he was right in the middle of counting how many trinkets were there in total but he got interrupted.

"who are you?"

said a low voice which instantly sent chills down doyoung's spine and it surely wasn't out of a cold gust.

"m-me? I should be the one asking that! who are you? don't you have anywhere to go to?"

"I am here alone."

doyoung thought silently for a minute. how could he be alone? no one was entirely alone, everybody has somebody.

"don't you have a family then?"

the other boy nodded after a momentary silence.

"I do have a family."

"great! you should come ba-"

"I was sent here by the moon so I guess I can name it my family."

doyoung's voice trailed off. he couldn't even remember what he was about to say before the other interrupted him.

"the moon... is your parent?"

the other brood over something for a minute, just for his knitted eyebrows to become an unsure smile.

"I think yes. moon gave life to me and let me be here. you can call me haruto. do you also have a name?"

doyoung was standing there completely dumbfounded. the cold wasn't bothering him that much anymore.

"do I have a name...?" the answer was more than obvious but it was too much for doyoung's drowsy mind to process everything. "I do... my name is doyoung."

"nice to meet you doyoung."

"nice to meet you haruto."

// ✧ //