chapter 11

a brief story of asahi

the moon and the sun wanted to create the most beautiful star to ever exist. they wanted it to be bright, shining endlessly, giving hope, and reminding humans that there always is a chance, as long as there is light. the star was supposed to be strong and filled with astral energy, to never fade away or let the dense clouds or gray haze conceal its perfection.

and that's being said, after a lot of effort, time, and attempts, a white-haired boy was yielded. he was as expected ethereally beautiful, with his fair, flawless skin, healthy, milky hair, shiny eyes, and shy, contagious smile. however, to his parents' concerns, he was born weak. his built was rather mediocre he had no extraordinary strength nor unstoppable ability to exude light.

that's why after a comprehensive survey of the sun and preparations made by the moon, the boy was sent down to earth. asahi – the name chosen for him by the sun – fell like a feather, as if floated by the wind and air. he was deliberately guided towards the green gates in front of one of the houses in a town called Yongin. it all happened during the night so that in the darkness he wouldn't get noticed by any passerby.

the moon was silently watching as his first, long-awaited descendant was found by a strange boy. the one who was chosen by the sun to become their son's guard and protector.

the boy with a kind smile and sweet personality named yoon jaehyuk.

at first, the moon had lots of doubts and insecurities, but watching as the respective boy took asahi in his arms, fed him, talked with him, and let him stay at his house, convinced the moon that they made a good decision sending him away.

the sun was watching two boys spending time together during daylight, when they frolicked in the garden, had fun chasing each other, played games, read books, or watched movies. luckily they didn't draw the curtains within a day so the sun could keep an eye on them in case something happened. however the risk of any mishap wasn't high, since jaehyuk treated asahi as if he was a daisy vulnerable to the hostile environment – the wind, careless people or heavy raindrops.

when the night came it was the moon's time to watch over the two young boys. the same as during the day, the curtains remained the same. they never draw them, enjoying the moonlight reviving the darkness. the moon saw how they slept in one bed, jaehyuk hugging asahi from behind, closing him in a safe space. jaehyuk needed to rest more than the other but still, asahi liked to just lie on the comfortable quilts, immersed in other's fragrance, listening to his lover's heart's steady, lulling pace. the moon trusted jaehyuk, it was more than clear that he would never hurt the other.

and even one night when the curtains were drawn, the moon just let it be. the boys must have needed some time just in two, and the moon respected their decision.

every love should have its secrets.

// ✧ //