chapter 12

after a couple of calm, simple years of beatitude something has changed. asahi stopped going out, which if he did, he needed support from jaehyuk to take every step. eventually, he wasn't able to get up from his bed.

jaehyuk provided the best doctors, medicines, or home remedies. he looked after asahi every day and every night, guarding next to the bed with no breaks. his little star was gradually fading and he was in despair, running out of ideas on how to keep him alive. whenever the weak boy fell asleep he cried quietly, caressing the other pale hands and stroking the hair off his forehead. even when his beloved was ill, jaehyuk still couldn't contain admiring his beauty.

one night jaehyuk heard some rustling from the front yard. he left asahi with an "I will be back very soon" and went out to see what happened.

from the distance, he saw a white, snowy light. as he got closer the vague shape became more visible and soon resembled a human form. when he stood several steps in front of it, he could confirm it to be a human.

however... this human had luminescent light coming from the shape of his figure. it was a man, tall and slim, with broad shoulders and strong arms. unnaturally pale skin, glistering spots on his dark blue hair and cheeks made jaehyuk think of something familiar. the stranger's expression was grim, his eyebrows knitted, the whole appearance astonishing and menacing at the same time.

"who are you?" asked jaehyuk, despite the cold shivers he felt while looking at the other.

"I am the one who created your star."

jaehyuk's eyes widened, his hands and soon the whole body got goosebumps. he was there with the moon. as he couldn't find any proper words, he abruptly bowed folding his slightly shivering body in a half.

"what are you doing?" the moon asked in confusion.

"I am showing my gratitude. thank you for giving asahi a life and sending him to me."

the other's stern expression softened at that. at the mention of his son, he looked behind jaehyuk. on the shrouded in the dark house, there was only one dimly lit window. the window belonged to the bedroom where his sick son was.

"he is dying and you can't help it."

jaehyuk who was still in the same position, had his sight blurred by the tears.

"but... there is something you can do."

at this instant jaehyuk finally lifted his gaze and stood uprightly. his breath became short and rapid as if getting ready to run back to asahi and save him. whatever it would take.

so there was hope.

// ✧ //

( among treasure members who do you think the moon could be ? >__< )