chapter 13

"when we sent our son to you," the moon went on. "we couldn't predict the feelings of you two. at first, we thought they are harmless however... asahi is a star after all. not a human. he cannot stay on earth for too long. soon his human-like form will dissolve into the air, causing his death. if you want to save him... you must let him go. if he transforms into a star again, he can stay alive, on the sky, shining blithely every night."

jaehyuk's heart ached at the thought of leaving his beloved one. he meant the whole world to him.

"we both know asahi won't just go with me, without you by his side. he would rather take you along and that... that is possible."

here the moon sighed. he owed jaehyuk a lot for the care and love he had been giving to asahi for the past years. so he knew he ought to be sincere with the boy.

"asahi can share his astral energy with you. this way not only he will change into a star, you... will also become one."

a momentary lull appeared in which jaehyuk could hear his pounding heart, muffling every other sound around. he knew. he had already decided what he will do.

"jaehyuk."

as the moon referred to him by the name, the other couldn't but look at the moon in the eyes. then, he noticed that asahi's eyes were different.

"those he must have taken after the sun." he thought and a feeble smile crept onto his face.

"please choose wisely. there is no coming back."

and after this sentence, the man's body started flickering and before jaehyuk could bid goodbye, the other disappeared.

the boy turned around. he headed towards the house with no hesitation. it was the only method he could use to save his favorite boy. he didn't mind risking his own life.

asahi was worth it.

// ✧ //