chapter 14

doyoung winked rapidly as he wanted to cease his tears from escaping. the story that haruto has just finished was one of the most meaningful and heart-wrenching he has ever heard.

"I-I am sure they are happier now."

he blurted out, trying to break the heavy silence which emerged in the room.

"I hope so." nodded haruto, avoiding an eye-contact. "do you understand what I'm trying to say doyoungie?"

the other's expression remained the same at first. only as the seconds passed, the corners of his lips twitched, the eyes lost their blaze and he looked upon their embraced hands. it took him a while, but he did understand. this was the only way they could stay together. the asahi and jaehyuk's story was supposed to occur again, but with them as main characters this time.

"I don't want you to agree."

"but what if I will agree?"

haruto scooted away, causing doyoung to change position as well. they were a small distance apart now, gazing at each other.

"I don't want you to ruin your life because of me doyoung-ah! I have been a burden to you for too long anyway. I am so sorry..."

haruto felt a lump in his throat. the boy in front of him sobbed hearing his heartless words.

"my life will be ruined if you disappear from it. can't you see that you became more important to me than my pathetic, vulnerable, and meaningless life on this planet?"

"don't say that please."

"I love you! I love you more than you can think, you can imagine, a-and if I ever lose you, I-I would... would..."

there his voice cracked, disturbed by the sudden sob. haruto drew him close with no hesitation, stroking his back soothingly.

"shh, my love... it's okay... I am still with you."

// ✧ //