chapter 7

doyoung woke up first, after around two or three hours nap. it was surprising because most of the time haruto was already fully awakened when the other was still facing problems with overcoming drowsiness.

haruto would watch him comprehensively, focusing on small details, admiring doyoung's immaculate traits.

this time however differed and it was doyoung who started examining the other's sleeping face. his beloved one didn't sleep a lot. especially in the beginning, it was difficult for both of them since haruto didn't feel the need for sleep or its lack, whilst doyoung as every human being needed some rest to gain energy. after a while, he must have changed his routine. he slept during the day for some hours straight and then he could spend time with the other once the night came. nevertheless, he couldn't help it and from time to time he dozed off while being cradled in haruto's arms. it was impossible to stay awake in such a warm, safe, and tranquil ambiance.

at the right moment, he gently put his palm on the other's cheek. he painted some vague lines on his fine cheekbone, circling around it and then guiding his fingers up to his thick, ruffled hair. its shade of black was as dark as he had never seen before. even the night sky would feel ashamed next to it. the only thing that could be compared to it was haruto's eyes. the darkness doyoung wanted to be engulfed in. but right now they were concealed by haruto's eyelids, adorned with black, long eyelashes.

doyoung scooted closer and pecked his favorites on haruto's face. first peck for his cheek, he pressed his lips a little longer there to revel in velvety skin. then he placed a kiss on his temple, forehead, a tip of his nose, and eventually, their lips met. he didn't want to disturb the other's sleep so the last kiss was sweet but brief. he looked at him one last time with affection and attachment in the eyes.

"the moon has created a masterpiece. I ought to thank it for sending you to me."

he murmured, enjoying the view to his heart's content.

// ✧ //