𝟎𝟎.𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄. 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

It wasn't until after their military discipline with full gear did they retire to their bunks. They showered in the dark, Dorothy sat alone on a stool for her turn, slowly they started to trickle out completely bathed and clean. Floyd Talbert was the first, his hair soaking wet and attached to his forehead .

"Dorothy Lane, correct?" He said, walking to stand in front of her and running a small towel through his hair. Dorothy looked up from the larger rock she had been staring at in a sea of rocks. She just nodded, she still didn't know names and the personalities of the men. "Floyd Talbert, ma'am," He introduced himself, sticking a hand out for her to shake.

Reluctantly, her much more dirtier hand met with his perfectly clean one. He smirked, "So what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?"

A small smile formed on her face, he was trying to flirt with her. And it was innocent, and nice so she didn't think he was like the men of Dog company. "Can't share all my secrets in one day, can I?" She said back, thinking of all the reasons swimming in her head.

He huffed, "Oh come on. First there is the first ever girl to join Easy company, and she can't share why? Sounds tragic." He inquired sarcastically, causing Dorothy to smile but not quite laugh.

"Trust me, not that tragic," She said, shaking her head.

He grinned and rolled his head, "Got no more boys buggin for your attention?" He jested with her, and if he didn't have a stupid look on his face, she would've felt offended.

She stood after seeing the final man leave the showers. "Well not when they can't find me," She responded. She was a boy magnet back home, especially after her first boyfriend. She didn't take anything seriously and high school boys loved that.

"Quit annoying her Tab," Luz interjected, patting the top of her head but quickly wiping his hand when he realized she had yet to shower.

Dorothy chuckled at his motion, "Stand guard of the door for me please," She whispered in her ear. He nodded and angled himself to see the door to the shower room and the other men. She trusted him quicker than she thought she would and especially since they've had small interactions, ones that were impactful though.

She immediately changed out of her gear, pulling her hair out of the bun it had been in all morning. She relaxed as the water washed away all the built up sweat and dirt that had attached itself to her body. Her mind imagined how difficult it would be later on when there was no shower- how gross she'd smell and look. She scrubbed her body clean, getting out of the shower and changing into sleepwear like everyone else.

Her training bra was still on, she wore a larger shirt and a pair of shorts- the same as all the others. She left the showers to see George smoking in front of the door and engaged in a conversation with Perco, everyone else had slipped away. They hadn't yet noticed her, too involved in the topic of Sobel.

"Everyone went to bed?" She asked suddenly. Perconte jumped, switching positions mid air and George had flinched to where his cigarette fell from his mouth.

When they saw her they both mumbled some profanities, "Damn Lane. You sneaky shit," George said.

"Sorry," She apologized, hugging herself.

Perco shook his head, "It's fine. No one goes to sleep this early Lane, they're all probably playing card games."

Dorothy nodded, wrapping her left arm around George's right arm, "Thank you."

"No problem, Dottie," He exaggerated her name, "Me and Perco were probably going to join the second platoon in poker so we figured we'd wait."

She rolled her eyes, "Right, that's why." George chuckled and took his arm from her, wrapping it around her shoulder and pushing her into him.