𝟎𝟐. 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐡

With the request of Easy company, the group of soldiers gave each other calm looks with a hidden meaning. No one wanted another soldier to know they were nervous, or anxious, with fear of that perception ruining their image as a fearless man. However, they all knew that they were all trying to bury those emotions and feelings at that moment.

When Easy was called to meet with their acting C.O. a little bit of fear and anxiety glinted in their eyes. The looks they gave each other let them know that they weren't alone, that their closest comrades of whom they admire felt the exact same.

All at once, the men grabbed their weapons and stood from the now seemingly comfortable grounds. Dorothy stood with them, if they were being requested for a mission of some sort not too far away- they may not ask for her presence. Something that turned her stomach, perhaps she just wanted to supervise and make sure no one truly gets hurt, although that is impossible.

"What do you think this is about?" Guarnere said aloud to Toye, the two heading off and leading the way for the other soldiers. Malarkey offered his hand to Dorothy, and the young girl took it gratefully. He pulled her up with ease, giving her a small smile.

Todd followed along, walking beside Dorothy quietly. It was then that Malarkey actually gave him a thought. "Who are you?" He asked from the other side of Dorothy. She realized he hadn't been there for many conversations, and that not one person likely introduced them.

"Robert Todd, of the 82nd," He introduced himself to the ginger, with a tight-lipped smile, and a slight nod. The boy's hand was gripped on the strap of his weapon, as though he was scared to lose the item. He had been incredibly quiet in the larger groups, but quite talkative with Dorothy.

Malarkey gave him a grin, "Donald Malarkey."

They were requested to meet in a barn where the officers and some random groups of Easy were gathered. Winters waved the small group in, then called for Compton to stand beside him. There were very few soldiers gathered around their C.O.

Dorothy had missed the first bit of what the tall blonde had said, as she was taking in their environment. For some odd reason, most of the people were second platoon.

"Major Strayer wants us to take 'em out. There are two guns that we know of firing on Utah beach," He began to write on a piece of paper, but neither Dorothy nor Todd could see due to their late arrival and back-of-the-room spots. "And plan on a third and a fourth here and here. The Germans are in the trenches with access to the entire battery, and with a machine gun recovery in the rear. We'll establish a base of fire and move under it hard and fast with two squads of three."

Gaurnere questioned the man, "How many krauts they think we're facing?"

"No idea," Winters answered him, a hint of uncertainty behind his eyes.

Guarnere's brows raised, "No idea?"

"We'll take some TNT along with us, to spike the guns," Winters continued moving the group away from the worry of numbers. "Lipton, your responsibility," He instructed and received a 'yes sir'. "Liebgott, you'll take the first machine gun with Petty A. Gunner. Plesha, Hendrix, you'll take the other. Who does that leave?" He questioned, skimming over the hands raised. "Compton, Malarkey, Toye, Guarnere, we'll be making the main assault, understood?"

A chorus of 'yes sir' rang through the building.

"Alright, let's pack it up boys," Winters said, insinuating all members to head outside.

"Sir," Dorothy said, approaching the officer. She heard Toye's remark to the Hall kid before they all left, his suggestion of Hall joining his own company and leaving E. However, Dorothy had noticed that John Hall was under the Lieutenant's wing, the same that Todd was under hers.