𝟎𝟏. 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄. 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

The young brunette woke up to a man standing over her, he sounded like Sobel but she knew it wasn't because of how he whispered. "Medic Lane, you better get your lard-ass out of that bed and get'a runnin' up that hill o'er there," He whispered. Dorothy squinted at him, her blurred vision leaving as she could make out the slicked back hair. The goofy grin he always wore was stretched on his face.

"Get away from me," She huffed, throwing her only pillow at him and turning to lay on her stomach. He snickered, grabbing the pillow and slapping her softly on her upper back. No one else was awake yet, her patience with him was ticking. There was no reason for him to be up so early, in fact she had no idea the time.

"Come on Sneaks," He said normally, poking her shoulder multiple times. She didn't stir, only causing him to poke her quicker and mutter constantly, "Sneaks, Sneaks, Sneaks, Sneaks."

She groaned angrily, "The hell do you want George?" She held her torso up with her elbows, her head turned and her brown eyes glaring at his own. Of course, the man didn't wipe the stupid grin off his face and she could've sworn it had gotten bigger.

He glanced at the room for eavesdroppers, "George is it now? Come on Dorothy, I can't sleep. Let's play cards."

Dottie gave him a dark look, he acted like a child sometimes it was a wonder how he was in the airborne. Of course, he was just the humorous guy in the company- didn't want to appear as less of a man to them. "Are you kidding me? Guess what Luz, I can sleep. Go bother Lieb," She said harshly, looking over to her neighboring cot. Joseph Liebgott was sleeping like a baby, and she evied that.

"He'd shoot me, Sneaks," He said, kneeling down to be eye level with her and begged, "Please."

She rolled her eyes, pushing the covers off of her. "What if I decide to just shoot you?" She mumbled, wrapping the covers around her torso while he sat at the end of her bed with a deck in her hands.

"What'd you say?" He asked her, his hair flopped in front of his eyes as he shuffled the deck.

She shrugged innocently, "You're lucky that when I wake up I can't sleep again. But if my body gives out today and I get shit for it, I'm going to target you."

He laughed softly to be sure the others didn't wake up. "Look at that, cursing more and more these days, Sneaks. I'd say the past few months with us have turned you into someone else," He roused, looking up from under the stray piece of hair. Dorothy just rolled her eyes, she didn't curse much until she started to hangout with the company. Of course they treated her like a woman, but they didn't hold her to stereotypes- treating her like a man in some ways.

"What game are we playing?" She asked softly, shivering slightly after becoming aware of the weather. She hadn't noticed that George Luz himself was bundled in his blankets. It was late december, Christmas had just passed and her birthday was only in a couple of days.

He began to distribute the fifty two cards, "Snap good? Just a bit more quiet."

She thought for a second, she hadn't played Snap before with only two people. "With only the two of us? How's that going to work?" She whispered, tightening her grip on her blanket.

"Can I join?" A third voice whispered, both of the two jumped. Luz flinched so fast that his cards flew from his hand, he mumbled some profanities. She hadn't even noticed that Luz lit a candle for them to see, her mind processing slower than ever.

Dorothy squinted to see who it was in the darkness of the room, "Skip?"

She was proven correct when he moved to sit on the ground just beside them. "Yeah, I can't sleep either. Your Sobel voice didn't help much either," He chuckled tiredly, Dorothy smiled at him. She wasn't too close with him, they'd talk every once in a while, but they both only just considered each other friends.