【Chapter 21】

❝ 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲! ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Let me tell you a story that happened over 5,000 years ago. Years before the first Holy War, before Meliodas, Elizabeth, the commandments, and the sins. Before Liones and Britannia. Before (Y/n).

This story is about a beautiful and kind mermaid. This specific mermaid had beautiful (E/c) eyes and (H/c) hair. This mermaid was the prized princess of the merpeople. The first daughter of the Ruler of the Seven Seas.

This mermaid was loved by everyone and adored. The mermaid princess had seven sisters, each one a beauty inside and out, except for one. That was the fourth princess, Meng Itar. Meng was a beauty, just like all of her sisters, but she was cruel. 

Unlike all the other sisters, she wasn't kind or generous. Meng was the embarrassment of the merpeople, the black sheep amongst the dazzling goddesses. When Meng finally realized this, she was filled with jealousy and rage. Especially towards her oldest sister, Wafi Itar.

Since Wafi was the next in line to inherit the throne, this further angered Meng. So, one day, Meng decided to leave the sea and travel the surface. Once she was away from the sea and onto the surface, Meng met a devilishly handsome demon.

At first, Meng was petrified, but then she got an idea. Having a smirk that hid so many secrets, Meng looked up at the demon and said, 

"Mister demon, how would you like to have riches beyond compare?" At this, the demon looked at her in interest. "Why, that sounds like a splendid thing, mermaid." The demon smirked down at her, both of their minds crossing together. 

"Well, all that you have to do is get rid of my sister, Wafi." Meng said her sister's name in disgust, though her smirk was ever so present. The demon chuckled, "You are as wicked as they come, but fine, I will deal with her, all that we have to do now is shake on it." The demon stated, thrusting his hand towards her as Meng shook his hand. 

"It's a deal." So, after their encounter Meng promised the demon that she would trick her sister into going on top of the surface, thus allowing the demon to get rid of her. 

The very next day Meng went to her sister's room and told her of a beautiful flower that she found on the surface. This immediately piqued her interest, though she declined. "I'm sorry, Meng, but you know that Father doesn't like it when we go to the surface." Wafi reminded her, combing her hair as she looked at herself in the mirror. Meng bit her lip before replacing her frown with a disgustingly sweet smile.