tre

✧.*

chapter three

chapter three

( HOME SWEET HOME )

"Here we are." Katherine said with smile. "The Big House, camp headquarters."

A four-story manor painted baby blue with white trim. The wraparound porch had lounge chairs, a card table, and an empty wheelchair. Wind chimes shaped like nymphs turned into trees as they spun. Blue eyes of Katherine watch it with warming heart, it's her home.

"I am not supposed to be here," Jason said.

Katherine frowned at him. "Don't worry, I was felt it too, first when I came here." She smile to him as saying it's going to be okay and if she can read his mind she would not much surprise because he thought her smile is warm as welcome home and Jason felt wanna believe her word.

Her aura gave an warm and welcoming around him and it's make Jason comfortable. Katherine raise her eyebrows and tilt her head. "Why you're looking at me like that?"

Jason blink his eyes, out of his mind. "Like what?"

"Like when you step into home for the first time after stay away for a long time." Katherine said.

"Sorry, your aura just feel like—"

"Home?" Katherine said with try to hide a smile. Jason nod. "Oh it's just one of my mom abilities that forward to me you know. Daughter of goddess of family."

"How she gave birth to you exactly?" Jason ask.

Kathrine sigh. "She mix fire in hearth and the love of her for my father and gave birth to me." She explain.

Jason nod. "That's....Make sane."

Then they heard footsteps on the front porch. No—not footsteps—hooves.

"Chiron!" Katherine called with big smile. "This is Jason."

Jason backed up so fast he almost tripped. Rounding the corner of the porch was a man on horseback. Except he wasn't on horseback—he was part of the horse. From the waist up he was human, with curly brown hair and a well-trimmed beard. He wore a T-shirt that said World's Best Centaur, and had a quiver and bow strapped to his back. His head was so high up he had to duck to avoid the porch lights, because from the waist down, he was a white stallion.

Chiron started to smile at Jason. Then the color drained from his face.

"You ..." The centaur's eyes flared like a cornered animal's. "You should be dead."

Katherine frowned and gasp. "Chiron?" She called.

Chiron invited Jason, but it sounded like an order—to come inside the house. He told Katherine to go back to Annabeth, which didn't happy about it much.