sei

✧.*

chapter five

chapter five

( DIDN'T GO AS PLAN )

They headed toward a newer wing of cabins in the southwest corner of the green. Some were fancy, with glowing walls or blazing torches, but Cabin Fifteen was not so dramatic. It looked like an old-fashioned prairie house with mud walls and a rush roof. On the door hung a wreath of crimson flowers.

"You think this is my parent's cabin?" Jason asked. "No," Katherine said. "This is the cabin for Hypnos, the god of sleep."

"Then why—"

"You've forgotten everything," she said. "If there's any god who can help us figure out memory loss, it's Hypnos."

Inside, even though it was almost dinnertime, three kids were sound asleep under piles of covers. A warm fire crackled in the hearth. Above the mantel hung a tree branch, each twig dripping white liquid into a collection of tin bowls.

Soft violin music played from somewhere. The air smelled like fresh laundry. Katherine would don't mind if she sleep here now but she have something to work on, when she turn to Jason, he almost sleep, so Katherine nudged him. "Snap out of it."

"Cabin Fifteen does that to everyone," Annabeth warned. "If you ask me, this place is even more dangerous than the Ares cabin. At least with Ares, you can learn where the land mines are."

"Land mines?" Annabeth walked up to the nearest snoring kid and shook his shoulder. "Clovis! Wake up!"

"Clovis!" Annabeth shook harder, then finally knocked on his forehead about six times. "Wh-wh-what?" Clovis complained, sitting up and squinting. He yawned hugely, and Katherine, Annabeth and Jason yawned too.

"Stop that!" Annabeth said. "We need your help."

"I was sleeping."

"You're always sleeping."

"Good night."

Before he could pass out, Katherine yanked his pillow offthe bed. "That's not fair," Clovis complained meekly. "Give it back."

"First help," Katherine said. "Then sleep." Clovis sighed. His breath smelled like warm milk. "Fine. What?"

Annabeth explained about Jason's problem. Every once in a while she'd snap her fingers under Clovis's nose to keep him awake. Clovis must have been really excited, because when Annabeth was done, he didn't pass out. He actually stood and stretched, then blinked at Jason. "So you don't remember anything, huh?"

"Just impressions," Jason said. "Feelings, like ..."

"Yes?" Clovis said. "Like I know I shouldn't be here. At this camp. I'm in danger."

"Hmm. Close your eyes."

Jason glanced at Katherine, but she nodded reassuringly. Katherine watch over him nap and hopefully he can bring back his memories, Annabeth and Clovis get him sitting on a chair then about five minute Katherine saw he slowly dissolved.

She frowned and they decide to wake himup, his eyes snapped open. He was sitting in a chair by the fire. Clovis, Katherine and Annabeth knelt next to him. "—serious, all right," Clovis was saying.

"What happened?" Jason said. "How long—"

"Just a few minutes," Katherine said. "But it was tense. You almost dissolved."