nove

✧.*

chapter nine

chapter nine

( FALLING IN DEATH )

Katherine can saw Piper didn't relax until the glow of Quebec City faded behind them.

"You were amazing," Jason told her.

She told Jason in French. Katherine frowned. "What'd you say?" he asked.

"I said I only talked to Boreas. It wasn't so amazing."

"Hey," he said, "you saved me from joining Khione's subzero hero collection. I owe you one."

Leo passed them some sandwiches from his pack. He'd been quiet ever since they'd told him what happened in the throne room. "I still can't believe Khione," he said. "She looked so nice."

"Trust me, man," Jason said. "Snow may be pretty, but up close it's cold and nasty. We'll find you a better prom date."

Katherine smiled, but Leo didn't look pleased. He hadn't said much about his time in the palace, or why the Boreads had singled him out for smelling like fire except Katherine. She got the feeling he was hiding something. Whatever it was, his mood seemed to be affecting Festus, who grumbled and steamed as he tried to keep himself warm in the cold Canadian air. Happy the Dragon was not so happy.

They ate their sandwiches as they flew. Katherine had no idea how Leo had stocked up on supplies, the cheese and avocado sandwich was awesome. Not gonna lie.

Nobody talked. Whatever they might find in Chicago, they all knew Boreas had only let them go because he figured they were already on a suicide mission.

The moon rose and stars turned overhead. Piper's eyes started to feel heavy. She fall asleep in Jason's arm.

In the dream, she was sitting next to her father's body, side by side. Not moving and begging him to wake up as hopeless.

A woman with fire appear and Katherine look up at her, "Why don't he wake up? What's happened?" She cried.

A woman with fire look at her father's body with sadness, "He's gone, Sweetheart." She said and Katherine felt her heart was broke in pieces.

"Who's did it." She asked.

No answer from that woman, she disappear in second later like she don't want to talk about this anymore. Young Katherine cried with cold body for hour before wipe those tears off and get up.

She must go.

So she run, all the way in the dark forest and not looking back. heat has spread from part of her body to another. Only the moon that appear on night sky.

Her blue eyes turning to red fire when the anger inside field full of her chest, run over and over again. Not knowing how long she run, finally Katherine stopped, sitting under the big tree and close her eyes.

Even that, red fire eyes of her still can see and fire has ignite. Spread around her like wildfire and fast. Katherine open her eyes when she felt hot, shock from fire she started but not knowing how or what's truly happening.