(3) Kids

Your POV

When we got into the Dark Forest we got off of Epona and started hunting.

Link and I climbed a tree and sat on a branch waiting for some game.

After a couple minutes we heard the crushing of leaves. I got my bow ready, aiming it where the noise came from.

I looked closely and saw a deer walking and eating grass below us. I pulled back the arrow, aiming it at the deers eye, and let it fly. It hit the eye and the deer fell.

I jumped from the tree and landed next to the deer. I knelt down and silently prayed to the goddess for thanks.

I got up and saw that Link was looking at me.

"What?"

"Nothing. It's just you've gotten better at hunting."

"Thanks. Come on let's try to find some more." Link nodded. We grabbed the deer and carried it to Links horse, Epona.

About an hour later we caught three rabbits, and two squirrels.

We put them on Epona, but before we got on Links horse I saw Link looking at me. Again.

"What now?"

"Just remembering how I met you."

"Oh." I said looking down on the ground, trying to hold back the tears.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback
Links POV

"You can't catch me Link!" Zelda yelled at me. We were playing tag. It was our favorite game as kids.

I jumped and tackled her to the ground.

"Got ya!" I said laughing. She joined in.

When the laughter died down I heard sniffling in the bushes.

"Hey did you hear that Zelda?"

"Yea. Come on let's check it out." She said running towards the forest.

When we got there, we pushed some branches away from a bush and saw a little girl crying.

Your POV

You sat on the log crying, but you looked up quickly when you heard a rustle in the bushes.

You grabbed a stick that was closest to you and got ready to throw it.

Someone walked out and you threw the stick hitting the person in the head.

"Ow! What was that for!" You looked closely and saw that it was a boy, that looked about your age. Another person came out of the bushes. You grabbed a stick and threw it. But the boy caught it with one hand.

You shrunk back against a tree.

"Link! Don't scare her." The person was a girl.

"Well I'm sorry Zelda. She tried to throw a stick at you."

"W-wait. Princess Zelda."

"Yea."

"Oh goddesses. I'm so sorry Princess Zelda." You said getting up and bowing so low that your head was almost touching the ground.

"Haha. It's okay. What are you doing out here? What's your name?"

"(Y-y/n) and I hold the three triforces. My mommy and daddy left me here because they think I'm dangerous."