35

⚠️tw⚠️
About 1 year later

I hate stupid road works all they do is create a lot of problems to fix a tiny one and if this light doesn't turn green in a second I will be late. I can't be late again because that just seems sloppy. The light turns green and I slam my foot on the gas pedal and speed down the road because I know there are no cameras her I'm just praying there are no cope either. Thank god today is my lucky day because I don't get caught and I get there just in time. I park my car as close as I can and go through the reception and they tell me to just go knock on his door so that's what I do.

"Just in time Ash" Dr Reid says as I walk in

"At least I'm not late this time" I say sitting on the sofa and getting comfy "How have you been" I ask him

"I'm good but that's not why you come here. How are you doing, anything you want to talk about" he asks

"I'm doing good like have been for months" I say was a somewhat some "nothing to talk about. Wait. I finished my finals finally after having to reschedule them because my laptop died half way through the first time"

"That's good" he says and I give him a questionable look "That you finished them not that the laptop died the first time. You glad your done with school now"

"So happy, even though online school was better than in person it was still school. So it was still a bit shitty" I say

We carry on talking for the rest of the time we have left. Once the time is up I say goodbye and leave, I find my car in the even more full parking lot and unlock it once I'm pretty close. I get in and dump myself in the chair letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. I managed to lie myself through another hour of therapy, its a lot easier than you think it might be. Thanks probably lying every second of everyday for the past couple weeks.

I should probably explain what has happened. Almost two months ago month my medication felt less effective and because I was in such a good place I thought I could go without when it ran out. Turns out I can't but I don't want to go through the whole process of finding a new medication so I've just been dealing with it. I know I should just suck it up and do it because it just keeps on getting worse and getting new medication might help but at this point it feels too late.

I check my phone and I got a text from Sydney and she is already at my house and Payton is on his way. I stay on my phone for a bit before starting the car and driving off. The drive is silent and thank god the traffic is better than on the way here. I pull into the drive way and sit in my car for a minute before I turn it off and get out. I go inside and down to the basement where Sydney is and not to my surprise Payton is there as well.

"How was it" Sydney asks as I walk into the room

"It was good nothing unusual happened, the traffic was shit to" I say as I take a seat next to Payton and he wraps his arms round me

"You and your road rage" Payton laughs

"I have not got road rage" I tell him and they both laugh, we all know I have but I would never admit that

We stay in the basement and talk while the tv is on in the background and while they are here its like a distraction from how I feel. It takes my mind off of things. Sydney goes upstairs at one point and Payton goes to the bathroom and I slip an envelope with their name on it into each of their bags. When they get back I'm just sitting on the sofa on my phone. Sydney is the first to leave but she says she will be back after work which is about ten tonight. Payton stay for another hour or so before he has to go home for dinner, I walk him to the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow once I'm done with mu meeting" Payton says while hugging me

"Ok I'll see you then" I say "I love you" I say before kissing him