Chapter 9

Alexa was going to see Shawn. She wanted to be with him. But her heart was with Luke. She couldn't be with someone when she didn't have heart to love him the way he loved her. She loved Shawn but her heart was Luke's and she couldn't help how she felt towards him. But she wasn't going to leave Shawn to be with Luke. She would leave Shawn to be on her own for a little while. Shawn was adorable and loving and the perfect guy. She loved him so much. But she just couldn't be with him if she still loved Luke. LUke loved her which was all she could ever want, all she could ever want when she moved to America. But things were different now. 

So she went home and told Shawn to go there. When he got there she sat him down.

"Shawn before I say anything I want you to know I love you. And whatever happens next doesn't change how I feel about you."

"Alex what are you talking about"

"I talked to Luke..."

"Are you breaking up with me for him?"

"I'm breaking up with you but not for him.."

"So why are you breaking up with me?"

"As much as I love you, it's not right for me to be with you when a part of me still loves Luke. Because it's  unfair for you and unfair for Luke and unfair to me when I love you and I'm hurting him. Or I'm with him and hurting you. " she said with the tears falling from her eyes

"Alex why are you doing this to me? Do you know how I feel about you?." Shawn said raising his voice

"I love you so much Shawn. Please don't hate me. I love you please" She said crying

Shawn got up

"I love you Alex and I know that you love me. But how can you say you love me and then say you still love Luke?"

"Shawn I was in love with him for half of my life you can't just expect me not to have a part of me that still loves him! Haven't you ever loved someone so much for so long and loose them? Luke hates me! He is my first love and he'll always be special to me no matter how much he hates me. I don't care if he said he loves me. He's gonna hate me when I go back to America. Just like you're going to hate me now"

"Why would I hate you?"

"Because not only are we over, you're a fucking bastard. You're an insensitive bastard that could care less about his girlfriends feelings! When a girl tells you she will always have a part of her that still loves her first love, you say you understand! I know you still love Leah and you guys broke up three years ago! Now get out!"

"Alex I'm sorry..."

"I know you are and I'm sorry that this isn't going to work out. But if you're not going to accept me and my  feelings then this will never work out."

"I love you..."

"I love you too. And that's why this so hard for me." She said crying. 

He wiped the tears from her face and kissed her for the last time. She hugged him for the last time and then let go. She let go. And as she let go of him as he left her house she began to break down in tears knowing she lost the first boy she could ever love after Luke.