Chapter 10

Alex was broken. She was broken because she loved Shawn. She never had the guts to tell him that she loved him. But she could've never loved him the way she felt towards Luke. And Luke. Luke loved her but she didn't know what to do about it. It was so wrong. It was wrong to love two people so much but she couldn't be with either one of them. She wanted to be with one of them. But she didn't know who. She didn't have anyone to talk to about it. Ashton has been ignoring her. He's barely talked to her since the day Luke told her how he felt about her. Calum's been handling Luke. And Michael's been Michael. Michael doesn't get involved with this type of stuff. I wouldn't blame him. This stuff sucks. If it were up to her she'd move to LA for good and not have to worry about all this guy drama. But it seems like she can never get rid of the drama.

It was a few days later. Alex didn't cry because there wasn't really anything to cry about. She wasn't dating Shawn for very long. Luke wasn't her boyfriend. She was honestly just done with the world. What was she supposed to do? The guy she had been in love with told her he loved her. Shouldn't that be a good thing? It was supposed to be. But things were completely changed when Shawn came into the picture. Shawn and her were dating for maybe a month? But in that short month she learned what it felt like to love someone else. To see the world when weight's been lifted off your shoulders. 

Well what does she know. What she really needs is a break from all this guy drama which is really fucking stupid and confusing. What Alex didn't know though, was that Ash was only ignoring her because he was starting to develop feelings for her and that was completely wrong. He was about to turn 21 in two weeks  and she was turning 18 in four months. It wasn't a very big age difference but Luke was like his little brother in a way and having feelings for the girl Luke loved would be wrong. 

Honestly, Alex was really upset. She needed a friend and she didn't have that many people to turn to. All her old school friends were in school, Calum was taking care of Luke, Michael doesn't get involved with this stuff, and Ash has been distant. 

But she mostly wasn't happy with the whole 'famous' thing. So she told her mom and her manager that she isn't going to make music for a while. She can't handle all this pressure and wanted her old life back. Without the drama of course. 

~~

Alex is going to the grocery store for her mom to get some things for her friend Jake's  surprise birthday party. She's known Jake since Kindergarten and he's easily her best friend. He always denies that they are best friends because he thinks it's uncool or some other bullshit but they are. He was turning 18 and she wanted to make things perfect. 

She was walking down the ice cream aisle in search of some vanilla ice cream and while cream as she sang the line to a random song when she found some whip cream. She reached for it but it was a little too high for her so she went on he trip toes to reach it but someone grabbed it for her and handed it to her. When she looked up it was Luke. 

"Hey Alex." Luke said awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"Luke. Hi. Thanks I guess for the whip cream. " Alex didn't really know what to say. 

"Oh yeah. It's nothing. I just needed an excuse to come over here and talk to you."

"What brings you to the grocery store?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing..."

"It's Jake's birthday. I was getting some things for his party for my mom. "

"Uh um my mum sent me to get some vegetables that she needed for the salad she's making."

"How is she?"