I started off surprisingly well, managing to win the first three games, and with them, thirty dollars.

It was safe to say Monoma's mood had plummeted drastically as I revealed my cards, a queen and a king, totalling twenty. I took my fourth win with a grin as he reluctantly passed me a ten dollar bill, grumbling to himself.

"Let's play another game!"

"Yeah, well, don't you have enough?"

I looked at the money I made so far. Sure, forty dollars was more than enough. But why not continue? If I could get fifty, then it was all the better.

"Don't you still want that kiss though? One more game. You can't be so unlucky as to lose again, right?"

Monoma looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I know other ways I can get that kiss," I rolled my eyes at his flirty antics, choosing to ignore them. Seeing he wouldn't get a reaction out of me, he shook his head. "Fine. One more game. Then we're finding something else to do."

"Sure."

He dealt out cards, giving me a hidden ace and a visible six. They could either total seven or seventeen, which technically wasn't so bad.

Looking over at his face up card, I saw he had an ace as well.

I frowned. It was a good card, and now it seemed I had no choice but to ask him to give me another one. I'd have to do better than seventeen to beat him. Besides, the polyvalent ace was, quite literally, the ace up my sleeve.

"Hit me."

He nodded, dealing me an eight. Damn it. That brought my score up to twenty-five if I kept the ace as an eleven, forcing me to use it as a one to achieve the measly score of fifteen.

I furrowed my brows when Monoma didn't deal himself a card. He must have had a pretty high score. Sure, he could just be bluffing, but fifteen probably wouldn't cut it.

"Hit me again."

"My, my, aren't we feeling daring tonight."

"Just give me the card," I snapped, not in the mood for banter. I had to win this game.

He bit his lip in a discrete way, as if he knew something but was trying to hold it in.

He passed me another card. I groaned at the sight of it. A king. I was over, and had most definitely lost this round.

"Well would you look at that!" Monoma's voice started to rise, sounding more prideful by the second. "It would seem Y/n has lost this game! After four consecutive wins, her streak is over, even though she was so confident in herself! My, how the mighty have fallen!"

"Calm down dude. It's just a game."

He let out a shaky breath, reveling in my loss. "Well, now that I won, I expect my prize."

I groaned. "You sure you don't want ten dollars back? Heck, I'll even give you twenty."

"As tempting as that sounds, I play fair. You bet what you bet, and now I want my promised kiss."

"Fine."

I scooted over to his face, leaning on my sofa as I placed a delicate kiss on his cheek.

"Really?"

"What?" I asked, feeling a little embarrassed after kissing him.

"Was that all you could do? I mean, that was barely a kiss. And what did I get out of it? Nothing. You could do so much better if only you applied yourself a little more."