"...really?"

"Yes, really," he retorted, turning up his nose at me.

"Are you sure that's what you want to do?" I asked incredulously, maybe a stifle of laughter in my voice.

"In telling you that's exactly what I want to do."

"All right then," I held in a giggle. "To the kitchen!"

He nodded, following me into the room.

I opened my cupboard, pulling out two bags of popcorn. I put one in the microwave to prepare it.

As I took out the bowls, he got up close to the microwave, watching the bag get larger with every pop.

"Don't do that," I scolded, hating myself for sounding like an overprotective parent. "It's dangerous to stay close to it."

"Actually, it's fine as long as you're two inches away," he said, pointing to the distance between him and the glass door, which was at least five inches. "I'm safe."

"Whatever you say," I shrugged, preparing the second bag once the first finished.

But by the time both were done and I brought the bowls to the couch, Monoma was already on it, a cover I had left on the sofa enveloping him.

"Ooh, pass the popcorn," he said with a huge grin, his arms reaching out like a child would.

"Here," I sat down next to him, completely exposed since he took up the whole blanket, even though it could have fit both of us.

He grabbed the remote, playing a movie of his choosing.

Fifteen minutes after the start, he had already finished half of his popcorn. By some miracle of the universe, he turned to me and asked, "aren't you cold?"

"A little," I admitted, not really minding it. "But it's fine."

He sighed as he put down his bowl, lifting the cover and indicating his lap. "Come on."

"Well-"

"I don't have all day. The heat is escaping."

I chuckled at his reasoning, putting my bowl down as well and sitting between his legs. He placed the cover over the two of us and wrapped his arms around me.

His chin placed itself on my shoulder as he sighed contentedly. I glanced down and saw him watching the movie with a faint smile on his lips.

I turned back to the movie and rested my head on his, feeling warm and at home in his arms.

One of his hands found mine and held it. His other one went to my thigh, rubbing the inside of it absentmindedly.

Our snack was left forgotten, the movie barely paid attention to. The moment could have lasted for hours. I couldn't tell anyways.

His hand stopped moving as he hugged me again, this time holding me tighter than ever. His smile was gone and his eyes half closed, a wistful look on his face.

He placed a kiss on my neck, not pulling away. His lips lingered on the soft skin, his exhales just a heat of warmth against me.

He didn't move for a while, so I turned to see if he hadn't fallen asleep or something.

Instead, he broke the contact, lifting his head up to meet my gaze. I held my breath, my eyes falling to his delicate lips. I turned in his hold, now facing him. We were still covered by the blanket and his arms were still enveloping me.

I put my hand on his cheek, getting closer to him.

The escort service and the fakeness of all of this was the last thing on my mind at that moment. I think I might even have forgotten about it.