strawberries

"Tsukki!"

The sudden exclamation of my name startled me. I turned around to see a smiling omega with greenish hair and freckles walking toward me, waving. I waved my hand hazily in reply and we continued to walk to school for morning volleyball practice. 'Maybe I should pick Yamaguchi up from his house to walk to school from now on,' I thought to myself, glancing down at the omega walking happily beside me. I had begun to get worried about him because we were now in our first year of high school, and he still hadn't gotten his first heat. The average time was the second or third year of middle school.

We heard it before we saw it. The unmistakable sound of Hinata and Kageyama racing to the gym. Out of habit, we hurried into the building as to not get scolded by Daichi. As we entered, Suga smiled at us. "Hey Tadashi, can I talk to you for a second?" Yamaguchi glanced at me. When I did not react he said, "Um... sure." I sat on the ground as Suga and Yamaguchi walked away. I watched in slight curiosity as Yamaguchi looked uncomfortable, then distraught, then slightly relieved as Suga talked about something unknown. When they were done Yamaguchi walked back over to me looking disappointed. "What was that about?"

"Oh, nothing"

He sat down next to me.

"It's not nothing."

I nudged his shoulder with my elbow.

"Ok, I just can't go to that party thingy for the team."

"Why?"

"It's in Tokyo, so omegas need to be marked, so they need to have gotten their heat. Suga said the either I can't go, or I have to trigger it."

"Well I was only going because you were so I guess we can both stay home then."

He laughed briefly.

"I'm gonna go practice serves."

(time skip to after school)

"We should go to my house. My mom is making strawberry shortcake." Yamaguchi implied. we walked to his house and he opened the door. "Mom, other mom, I'm home!"

Yamaguchi's parents were both women. A thin, smiling woman in a blue sweater and an apron walked in as we took off our shoes. "Welcome home! Hello, Tsuki!" The Yamaguchi family were the only people who were welcome to call me Tsuki; I was closer to them than my own family.

"Hello, Akia. how are you?"

"Tired, unfortunately. Cooking wears me out! Speaking of which, come have some cake you two"

I and Yamaguchi smirked at each other as we walked into the kitchen. The sweet smell of strawberries and cream was amazing. Yamaguchi pretended to faint and leaned against my shoulder.  I grinned.

HEY GUYS I hope you enjoy please please please give me feedback