Chapter 7 - I'll Make You A Deal

Harry

Peyton is an interesting one.

When it comes down to what I exactly do for a living, reading people and how they react in certain situations, how they receive information, is my strong suit.

Not only is it fascinating to fully understand and watch someone squirm from just a smirk, or even a quick gaze in their direction, it's also captivating to see their reaction when you can speak out into words exactly what they are feeling in the moment.

They give you a look of confusion, sometimes even a small uncomfortable chuckle, before it all turns into fear. Their mind often goes into panic mode. "How does he know that?" "How did he read me?"

The whole damn nine. I'm just fantastic at what I do.

Peyton isn't exactly easy to read, and nothing makes me angrier than not being able to do my job. What can I say, I am a perfectionist at my craft and by craft, I mean manipulation and conning. Along with few other minor things on the side.

She doesn't seem at all scared, although I would prefer it if she was. She has this fiery attitude which only makes my job at keeping her in line harder than it needs to be. I have plans, plans that I have been stirring up ever since I escaped that living hell hole people call prison.

It wasn't hard to figure out she was a Lorde. For one, she is a spitting image of her mother, and that little silver ring she holds oh so dear to her, has her full name embroidered into the jewelry on the inside.

When I had taken it off of her finger that night, of course, I examined it. After all, I would've sold it for what it was worth just like how I do other things. But then I realized who the fuck she really was and I needed a plan to get even closer to her, so I showed up at her place to return it.

None of that matters anymore, what truly matters is that she is exactly where I want her to be. In my presence with no way of escaping because for starters she has nothing but a dead phone in her pocket, and I would love to see her try and get past either me or Niall.

We had moved into the living room now, she has been standing in front of the large floor-to-ceiling windows that overlooked the city for a good five minutes now.

Her arms crossed tightly over her chest in defence mode while Niall was sat on one of the chairs, completely uninterested in her. Not even acknowledging her presence.

He doesn't like newbies, it started off just the three of us working this operation. Me, Niall and Zayn. But then over time, it started to get too risky, more money was coming in on our end and more eyes have been suspicious of us inside of the casino scene.

There is an entire method to how we operate, but I will save you the excruciating boredom of it all for a later date.

We now have a team, the three of us a long side Rose, and one of the dancers from InterZone, Willow.

They are huge assets, Rose is and will always be our getaway driver. She is quick and witty when it comes to driving and thanks to her pops who is a huge car freak, she gets us away from a scene that goes wrong. We call her our baby driver.

Willow is our eyes. Usually rich pricks head out to the InterZone on a night out, she scopes them out and then passes the word down to me, and bingo, someone to cheat out of their money.