Chapter 9

Skylar's Pov💓

The following week was going by smooth. Today's Wednesday and also the day I'm going to brunch with the guys. Pretty sure you know who the guys are by now. I haven't seen them since Friday and honestly we're all doing pretty well with spending time with each other, especially considering the fact that we all have busy lives.

As I'm getting ready to head out I noticed I missed a call from my mom. I called her back and she answered on the third ring.

"Hey mom" I said.

"Hey honey what you doing"

"I'm on my way to the vet what's up"

"Oh I just wanted to ask you if you know about the reunion that's happening next month" She asked.

" Oh yeah I know about it and trust me I'm very much looking forward to it"

"If you're only looking forward to it because of Tess and Marla, might as well forget about it because Marla isn't gonna be there"

"SHIT. Man that was gonna be my entertainment" I chuckled.

"Language" My mom said.

"Sorry Ma, anyways I'm about to start driving, talk later?" I questioned.

"Of course, love ya babe"

We then said our goodbyes. About 20 minutes later I pulled up to the building. Soon as I step out the car-
"Well hey beautiful" Kyle said smiling. I swear he was waiting on me to pull up.

"Hi Kyle" I said putting on a fake smile.

"So I have a question" He asked as we walked into the building.

I went into the locker room and started to put my things away. "Okay"
"Would you maybe wanna hang out this weekend" He asked.
Well I definitely wasn't expecting this question. Usually he would just hit on me 24/7. I mean he would ask me out from time to time but I figured he'd stop because he got a clue. I guess not.

"Oh ummmm. I would but I'm not looking into dating right now Kyle" I lied. I do wanna date....just not him.

"Oh come on it would be fun" He said laughing.

"No thanks Kyle" I said while trying to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

"Dude what the hell is your problem" I stated as I yanked my arm away.

"I have been nothing but nice to you, why won't you just give me a chance" He said as he put his hands into his pockets. 'give me a chance' okay lil durk...

"I'm just not interested what aren't you getting"

"Bullshit" He said.

"I'm done having this conversation" I said then walked out the door. I then mumbled "asshole" under my breath. That seriously just pissed me off.

"What's with the long face" Karla approached.

"I'll tell you later" I said grabbing the clipboard.

I looked on the clipboard and saw that there was a patient to attend to in room B16. I walked into B16 and- "Aw hell naw" Kiyah said as I walked into the room. Out of all people she had to be the one I have to mess with at motherfucking 8am????? Goddamn.
"I was really hoping for a different veterinarian" She added.

"Technically I'm not a veterinarian but okay. What's up with this little guy" I said petting her dog.

"Please don't touch him" Kiyah said.

"How am I supposed to treat him...If I cant touch him????" I questioned.

"Lose the attitude" She said.