Chapter 16

Nate's Pov🖤

I was on my way to Sky's house for a session when I got a call from my mom. I put her on speaker, "Hey mama" I spoke. "Hey baby what you up to" She asked. "Nothing I'm driving on my way to Skylar's place why what's up". She sighed, "I'm getting ready to kick your father out he getting on my nerves" she said as I laughed. "What he do now mama" I said as I was parking my car. "He just being annoying" I laughed. "Let me call you later I just got to Sky's apartment". "Tell her I said hi" She said. "I will". She hung up as I was knocking on Skylar's door. Seconds later she opened it, "Hey" she spoke as I walked inside. I scanned her body admiring how comfortable she looked.

 I scanned her body admiring how comfortable she looked

She just be looking so damn good. "Wassup" I finally spoke. She went to sit on the couch and continued rolling up. "Damn I thought you would've been rolled up" I said in a laugh. "You know me I'm always procrastinating when it comes to rolling up" She faintly smiled. I sat next to her and just looked at her. I didn't even realize how long I was looking at her until she said some. "You good?" she asked. "Yeah naw I'm just thinking" I quickly said. Milo and Tessa came running up to me and I began petting them.

A good 5 minutes passed as she was now flaming up. "What we flaming up to" she asked. "Girl we is not drinking what you mean" I said in a laugh. She just looked at me. "Nigga just go along with it or you can get the hell out" she spoke. "Yes, ma'am say no more. We flaming up to new opportunities I guess." I said. She smiled then lit up the wood. We turned on a movie and ended up smoking the whole blunt. "We should order some food" she said. I started laughing. "Why every time we smoke the first thing that come out your mouth is some about food". She just ignored me and got on her phone. I took it and threw it on the other couch. "Bro-" I cut her off "Nah I need to talk to you about some" I began.

Skylar's Pov💓

Soon as he said that I felt my heart drop to my ass. "Talk to me about what?" I managed to say. "That day in yo room" he said. "And you know exactly what I'm talking about too" he added. "Oh...I think I hear my dogs meowing for help I'll be right back" I stood up but he started laughing and sat me right back down. "Now you know damn good and well" he said. "So what you got to say?" I asked him.

I honestly was not ready for this conversation right now. I'm high as fuck and when I'm high as fuck I tend to have a boost of confidence and I say anything that's on my mind. I might fuck around and tell him how I feel and we don't want that. Do we? "I got a lot to say actually" he continued, "I was up at the ass crack of dawn thinking-" I started laughing. Any and everything be funny as hell when I'm high and when he said ass crack of dawn that sent me. "The hell is so funny" he asked. "I'm sorry you can continue" I spoke. "Why are we acting like we didn't kiss that night?" he said.

I just looked at him not knowing what I wanted to say. "This usually the part of the conversation where you say something back" he said then took a sip of his water. "You wanna smoke another wood later or?" I asked. "Now you wanna change the subject" he said. I just looked at the movie not knowing what to say. I'm to high for this shit.  "Skylar" he called out. "Nathan" I said back. "Why the fuck you get quiet" he asked. "Because I don't know what the fuck to say" I admitted. "That's new" he threw out. I just looked at him. "Don't piss me off Nathan", I got up going to the kitchen. He followed me. "When are we ever gonna talk about this shit?" he said. "I don't know I just don't want to talk about it right now" I said while pouring myself some juice. "You want some juice" I offered. "No" he simply said.

The rest of the night was chill. We ordered food then after he ate he left. Eventually we will have a conversation about it but for right now I'm chillin. After he left I walked the dogs then when I got back I immediately decided to get in the shower. I connected my phone to my speaker and began playing my playlist. How to Love by Lil Wayne came on.

🎶 You had a lot of crooks try to steal your heart
Never really had luck, couldn't never figure out
How to love
How to love, mmh
You had a lot of moments that didn't last forever
Now you in a corner tryna put it together
How to love🎶

How to love...