Chapter 9

read

Tommy grumbled to himself as he shoveled out the Hoglin's feces from their pen, only halfway done as he flung more of the pieces of crap over the rickety nether brick fence.

If anyone thought he was starting to hate his job......well, they were half-correct.

The young lad was starting to dread completing his chores every single day, yet, of course, the blond-haired man-child would probably still die for those fuckin' hog-mammal-Nether-mob-shits if he had to.

But that doesn't mean that the Hoglins were his favorite mob colony. In fact, they were probably far down from his Top 10 rankings.

Back to the present, Tommy had just dumped out the last of the Hoglin poop outside the enclosure before he noticed a very odd scent that hovered in the air. It smelled of something that he had never scented before, but it gave him an uneasy feeling that churned in his stomach.

He let his shovel fall onto the side of the nether brick fence before he hopped out of the enclosure and trekked through the rather high-reaching grass before he stopped in front of a bush that blocked his path. Tommy pushed it aside, just to wish he hadn't followed the scent in the first place.

-TW for descriptive rotting corpse ahead-

There, straight ahead of him, lay a decaying corpse of a month-old wolf pup. A claw mark could be seen on the pup's upturned side, and clumps of rotting flesh were littered in small lumps around the tiny clearing, some on the ground, some on the bushes, and some even smeared onto the surrounding trees.

Flies swarmed the small body, some smothering the claw mark wound while some even went inside the pup's agape maw.

Tommy felt like throwing up, so he looked away and regurgitated all of his breakfast and then some onto the ground.

-TW over now ig-

His throat burned from the disgusting taste of stomach acid and digested food being pushed back up his esophagus and out through his mouth, but he forced himself to trudge away from the scene and walk all the way over to where Tubbo was doing his chores.

Seeing that Tubbo was currently tending to the enderman, he averted his eyes and pointed them to the ground in front of him before guesturing the brunette over to a more secluded spot to talk.

Once they were there, Tubbo looked at him with concern and worry evident in his gaze before asking, "What's wrong Big Man? You're lookin' all pale n' shit. Are you ok?"

"Tubbo, Tubs- I just saw something that I never, ever want to see or hear about again, ok? So-well, I was doing my chores, yeah? Shovelin' out all the hoglin's poop n' shit, when I smell this weird-ass scent coming from this small cluster of bushes, then I look behind it and-and there's this wolf pup laying there with this claw mark on it, it's decaying and everything and there's a bunch of flies around like it's been dead a while and-fuck, Tubs it was horrible an' I-" Tommy managed to stutter out, and Tubbo put a comforting hand on the younger's shoulder before pulling him into a hug.

Once Tommy managed to calm down, Tubbo released him from the hug before ushering him along with him. 

They arrived at Tubbo's house (of which still had a broken window at the front) and went inside, the older going off to get Tommy a glass of water after sitting the disgruntled blond down on his hide couch.