2: An Anchor

Above is a picture of current Lisa made with Picrew. She's wearing her old Hyperion hoodie, and her scars are covered by her hair... Mostly. 

Sorry that this story isn't perfect, or that the character's won't feel 100% the same. I guess I can't get worse than what BL3 did with Lilith xD

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working on it :D

Lisa was wearing a short grey pencil skirt, a white blouse and a light brown jacket. She had thick glasses on her nose, as she looked through piles of paperwork. Her delicate hands were shaking as she moved the papers around on her desk. It was her first day, she couldn't afford to make a mistake. 

While she had hoped for a better position at Hyperion, working as a personal assistant to The Handsome Jack was the second best thing. Yes she was overqualified, but when one is drowning in student loans they can't afford to be picky.

As she was lost in thought, a man walked by quickly. He looked in a hurry as he walked by her desk. Then looked at her, and walked backwards.
"And who might you be sugar plum?"

When the man spoke, she looked up to see that it was her boss himself. Handsome Jack. He was standing a mere metre from her, and she didn't even realize he was there. 

"I-I'm Lisa sir... Your new assistant," Lisa introduced herself, as her voice trembled. What would Jack think of her for not noticing him. She was afraid.
"Call me Jack... Oh and, you look cute in those glasses, cupcake," he smirked as he walked into his office.

For the rest of the day, Lisa thought nothing but about this encounter with her boss. After all, her life depended on this occupation, and on being in Jack's good books.

--

She woke, covered in sweat. Her body shivered as she left her bed, and headed for the bathroom. There she splashed her scarred and freckled face with water.

"It was just a dream," she cooed, "it's... It's not real."

Lisa stared at the pale girl staring back at her. The scars were old, but they wouldn't fade. Instead of letting her move on, they were a remainder of the past. An anchor, pulling her backwards. 

Now long after, she went back into her bedroom and began getting dressed. While she slipped a over-sized top off, it uncovered scars on her left side reaching under her best and down her thigh. There were words carved into her skin, but they were so badly written only Lisa knew what it said. Only Lisa knew the shame. 

She put an over-sized and slightly worn out yellow hoodie on. It was given to her on her on her first day. While she was meant to throw it away, Lisa felt attached to it. She used the excuse of "it's comfortable", though she knew deep down a part of her didn't want to forget.

--

After drinking a bland sugar-less coffee, she made her way to the workshop. Even though Moxxi gave Lisa the privilege of not needing to work much, she did anyway. Without her work she would think, and Lisa hated doing that. While those around her would say it's good to reflect on the past, Lisa never gave anyone the satisfaction of listening to them.

It made her a hypocrite. She claimed she was over Hyperion, over everything. But in reality she clung to it as if her life depended on it. 

As Lisa entered the workshop, it was still dark out making the workshop empty. She sighed in relief, and sat at a nearby workbench with yet another broken service bot. For some reason people seemed to love vandalizing these robots, which were programmed to be the most annoying creatures in the world. It was obvious Jack had a hand in designing these things, they were horrible to be around.