7: Shoelaces

Side note I love Jack as a character, but in this story I'm ignoring any good sides and focusing on the bad side as obviously Timothy didn't have the best  relationship with him. Sorry ))):

She didn't exactly remember what convinced her to join. Something just felt natural about it, about saving herself from Jack's greed. While she knew it was foolish, she had nothing to lose, and so much to gain. 

A sane person would have ignored the messages, or tell someone, try to show they're not involved. Lisa was tired, of the constant coffees, meetings, planning schedules, of it all. All she wanted to do is help Hyperion, show her talents and spread her wings. Instead she became a testing subject for Jack's new compliments, and insults.

The crimson raiders gave her a mission, gave her purpose. It was something she didn't have for a long time. They began to feel like family shortly after she agreed to help. 

Her mission was to find anything out that could help them, and slow down Jack in any way. In return she would be free. After a few months of working together, they began telling her relevant reports on what she should look out for.

The charade with kissing Jack's ass had to continue, he couldn't know anything changed. The more she found out about him, the more afraid she became. What would he do to her if he found out the truth?

Lisa was informed of Jack's new doppelganger scheme. Apparently he became paranoid of assassinations and made poor souls look and sound like him. Little was known about them, aside from the fact they sometimes visited the station. They had little differences to Jack himself, in their mannerism or the look in their mismatched eyes. 

Timothy lacked the aggression in his eyes, the aggression Jack had.

It was a regular day, check Jack's schedule, give him his coffee, and sit waiting any information. There were times Lisa simply wanted to break into his office and steal data, but the Crimson Raiders didn't send her on that suicide mission yet. She managed to leak some minor information, about his schedule, or shipments coming to Opportunity. 

--

"You know Tim, I think I've met you before- On Helios," Lisa broke the silence as her and Timothy were eating together in a cafeteria. He raised his brow.

"Yeah I remember meeting you, there was no way you knew it was me though," he continued eating his sandwich. 

Lisa smirked.

--

Lisa was sat at her desk as usual, observing everything around her. 

The Crimson Raiders informed her that Jack was in Opportunity, but she knew this. She was his assistant... Or rather his secretary. But when she saw Jack in front of her, she knew it had to be one of his body doubles.

"Hello sir," Lisa smiled, more confidently than before. Something made comfortable with Jack not being around.

"A-aha. Hello, yes. Hello plum, I'll... I'll be in my office," 'Jack' answered, as he quickly walked by.

There was something different about this "Jack", he seemed kinder, embarrassed. The main give away was how messy he let his hair get, it swayed to the side. Something Jack never would have allowed himself to do. As she was looking at him, she noticed something off. Something which confirmed her doubts... The shoes...

"Whatever you say... Just don't trip over your shoe laces... sir," she smirked. 

God forbid she act like this in front of the real Jack, but this wasn't him. She was free to... be different. 

--

"Really, that's what gave it away? My shoe laces?" Timothy laughed.

"What can I say," Lisa smiled, "you weren't very convincing."

"Do you really expect I would have spoken the way I did to Jack? He'd have my ass out the airlock for attitude," Lisa added as she took a drink out a glass in front of her.

"No, I suppose not," Timothy chuckled.

"You're a really, really bad actor," Lisa teased.

"Are you any better?" He winked.

"Of course I am dummy."

"Prove it." He sat up in his seat, as he smiled widely at Lisa. She loved the way he smiled.

--

"Here's your coffee sir," Lisa said as she entered Jack's office. Even though she went there daily, it was still an astonishing sight. The office was larger than her childhood home. The window behind his desk, showed Pandora. It was a beautiful view, even to see everyday.

"Still can't get used to the view sugar plum?" Jack chuckled, as Lisa placed the coffee on his desk.

"Don't think I ever could sir," Lisa answered quietly.

"God, please stop calling me sir. I won't bite... Not yet at least," Jack winked at her, which made her blush.

"Call me if you need anything... Jack," Lisa muttered as she left his office. Her heart was beating so loudly, she assumed he even heard it from his office. 

It was so hard knowing the truth, and then seeing something else. She knew of all the horrible things Jack had done, but yet she didn't hate him. Perhaps it was because of the fact he never hurt her or her family, but she was petrified of what would happen if he caught her snooping around. 

She knew it was too late to back out now, she had to finish her job to the end. Even if that meant she had the become the world's greatest actress. Pretending to be an innocent secretary, while trading secrets in the dark. 

Lisa leaned her back against a wall and sighed heavily.
"What have I gotten myself into?"

It would have been so much easier if she didn't try too hard. If she accepted her place, she wouldn't be living on the edge. But if she accepted she is nothing to Hyperion, how would be accomplish her dreams?

I'm going camping for a few days so I won't be able to update the story. But I'll update as soon as I'm back, I have much planned for our little Lisa 😈