6: Don't forget to breathe

I didn't plan on this but this story is heavily going to reference Borderlands 3 Moxxi's heist of The Handsome Jackpot. While it's set AFTER the dlc, it might confuse some people who haven't played it. 

I guess it makes sense why I'd reference it more in the story lol.

"Trashlantis invites you to join your brother's and sister's in the underground! Throwing away capitalism and focusing on what matter!" People yelled as they protested in a desolate corner of the station. Unfortunately it was near Lisa's apartment, so she heard the protests often. Of the enlightened Trashlantians , and their way of life. 

Lisa was rather surprised that Moxxi didn't throw them out for the havoc they caused with their "words of wisdom". But she did recall Moxxi had some sort of agreement with them for helping her take over the station. 

Passing the protesters, Lisa entered her small apartment. While it had all she needed, she still dreamed of a house, on a small planet nearby, maybe even a moon. Where she'd have a garage, or something similar. She dreamed of escaping the station, but if she did then what would Moxxi do about the robot situation? If she escaped, who would look after Timothy?

It wasn't a lie when Lisa said Moxxi saved her. After everything that had happened to her, Moxxi essentially became a best-friend and mother to Lisa. After everyone she cared about cast her away. Lisa needed Moxxi more than Moxxi needed her.

She entered her dimly lit apartment. In her bedroom was a photo frame of a girl holding a huge ginger cat with brown stripes. Lisa smiled as she saw the picture, and picked it up as she sat on her bed.
"Oh Gingey, what I'd do to have you here with me," she whispered.

--

The night sky was beautiful as usual. The stars reflecting on the glass, as the colourful lights bounced around the station. Singing and music was heard around the station, but it was faint. Everyone sounded happy, lively and busy.

She never understood why so many people wanted to visit this Casino, especially after what happened to it in the past. While she didn't understand, she knew it wasn't for her to know. After-all, she was just a lonely  ex-Hyperion drone, not some elitist who dreamed of wasting their money at a casino. Instead she dreamed of wasting her money on a garage.

Something about this station reminded her of Helios. Whether it was the fact that it was created by Handsome Jack, or that it was just a space station was unknown to her. At times like this, the past came back to her. Haunting her. 

As she stared at the stars, she felt her neck burn. A sharp numbing pain appeared, almost like a memory.

Trapped, she sat silently. Watching the night sky, alone. All the memories, her nightmares came flooding back. Crashing against her, they crushed her core. She felt as if she was being choked, as she felt herself slip away. She was afraid. 

--

Lisa sat frozen in her chair. The echo buzzing paralyzed her. 

"Lisa," it buzzed again. 

"Who are you?" She asked again, as her entire body trembled. 

"We're hope."

"Not good enough."

"We're the Crimson Raiders."

--

Lisa began to cry, gasping for air as she sat of the roof top. Tears poured from her hazel eyes, as she pulled her face to her knees. Holding them close, she rocked her body softly backwards and forwards trying to seek some sort of comfort.

She was alone, again. Her demons, and nightmares were back, staring at her with pale eyes. They suffocated her, as she cried. It was so hard to let go of all that happened. Nobody even cared in the end.

Alone, on the roof top she cried.

I'm not too happy about how short this chapter is, but the next one will be longer. This was just a small theme I wanted to focus on, but I didn't realize how small it was. I promise the next one will be better xD