Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Truth

"Huh? What are you talking about, Nahliel?" I asked in disbelief.

Matinding napakunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya. I mean, isn't he pissed with me? I yelled at him, cursed him, and blamed him, but was that enough to make him leave me?

"I just got a call from our agency. We might have a project together since both of us were about to train in E-Town." he said, moving closer to me.

I looked at him blankly, lifting my eyes in an attempt to read him. Is he for real? Is he under the impression that I'm merely a way of life in the entertainment industry for him? Or does he believe he pities me since I've liked him for years without realizing it, just to find out that he likes someone else now?

Puwes, hindi ganoon. I'm not kind of a stupid girl anymore na magpapakatanga lang sa mga desisyon na ginawa ko sa buhay. I've already lost enough, I can't lose myself anymore.

"If you're asking me to become your girlfriend on-cam because you pity me. Well, sinasabi ko na sa'yo Nahliel that please don't pity me. Please don't do something just because you feel obligated to." I stated emphatically.

Ayoko. Ayokong yayain lamang niya ako na maging girlfriend niya kasi naawa siya sa akin o para lamang sa agency namin for us to survive.

"I'm doing it for you actually."

"Exactly! You're doing it for me out of guilt because all these years you just knew that I like you."I said.

Hindi siya agad nakapagsalita sa sinabi ko at tinignan niya lamang ako. I don't understand why people feel driven to do something because they believe it would benefit others when, in reality, it will only benefit themselves?

"Aalis na muna ako." I coldly said and didn't even bother to wait for him to respond.

Sumakay na ako sa jeep at nagtungo na sa lugar na pinag-usapan namin ni Jeremy. He texted me the address of a cafe which was located near the beauty camp of his sister. Bumaba ako sa jeep at saktong sakto na nasa highway lang ito at kitang kita kaagad ang cafe.

I entered the café and was greeted by the smell of coffee. When Jeremy saw me walk in, he waved his hand to make sure I saw him, so I walked straight up to him. He took a seat near the cafe's end-of-the-line window.

As soon as I approached him, he rose up and walked over to the chair in front of him, where I could seat.

As soon as I sat in the chair, I muttered, "Thank you."

I just smiled and walked back to the chair that was in front of me. I was shocked when the dog beside Jeremy barked at me. Hindi ko namalayan na may dala pala siyang aso. Agad naman kinuha ni Jeremy ang aso para ilagay ito sa kandungan niya. I smiled hoiw adorable the dog is. I think it is a pomeranian dog according to its features. I'm really not fond of dogs but Lexi is really into it kaya kahit papaano ay may nalalaman  din ako tungkol sa mga aso.

"I'm sorry about it. I brought my dog because we were going to a vet," he explained.

I nodded, "Ah. I see."

"What are you going to say?" he asked.

Oh yeah. I almost forget about the reason why I came here. Napaangat ako ng tingin at umayos ng upo.

"I was thinking to accept your offer..." I paused.

His eyes widened in surprise and his smile rose up when he heard what I said but he didn't react since he knew that I was about to say something.