Chapter Five: Rainbow (Re-written)

Word count: 1514

"You got your preview, Jungkook." He said, as I glared at him.

"So, should the tutoring continue?"

-

"Forget it."

I stomped out of the nurses' office, still in disbelief and disappointed at myself. Taehyung was tailing me from behind before he grabbed my hand and I turned around, "What?!" I screamed at him, glaring and removing his grip off of me as I look up at him. "Take it." I immediately shoved the damned color chart onto his chest as he catches it right as it was falling.

"I'm fed up with this bullshit. I'm not dealing with this again."

"Don't you ever show me this color chart again." I growled at him, making sure he heard every word correctly as I stomped my way down the stairs.

"Jungkook! You're still pretty when you're angry, you know! " He said, I could basically hear the grin on his face as he used the color chart as a fan.

-

Jungkook sat on the 3rd bottom section on the first floor, skipping third period. Listening to music to calm his beating heart, fidgeting with his air pod case and closing his eyes. Not noticing, Taehyung was staring at him from a distance as he flashed him a soft, welcoming smile with his mask off while he clutched the color chart in his hands.

-

"Remember that the beneficiary of my life insurance policy is you, alright?" my aunt said, as he zipped up her luggage ready to exit the front door.

"Are you off to your death or something?"

"Well, I'll be on an island for a whole month to cover a story. There's enough money in your account for your expenses."

She nodded after giving me a reassuring smile, "I'll get going."

"Wait, auntie."

"What? Oh my god."

"Be safe, please."

She laughed at me, it was rare of me so say those things, she must've been surprised. She went in for a hug and I reciprocated it, "I'll come back in one piece kid."

"Good, take care." I say as I waved her goodbye. I watched as she got into the taxi waiting for her in front of our apartment. I sigh. Now I'll be as lonely as ever at home, and at school.

I sat on a small stool as me, Eunwoo, and Johnny sorted out stacks of books from 5 years ago.

"Darn it!" Johnny yelled, startling me and giving me an awkward smile in return.

"Forget about calling me the class leader and just call me the class' servant," Johnny sarcastically says as Eunwoo reads through his notebook. "Shouldn't they at least give us some snacks when they give us such a stupid task?" Johnny continued, furrowing his eyebrows into a knot. Eunwoo pulled out a box full of sandwiches inside and handed Johnny a slice. "Grandpa said you'd be craving snacks today." I looked at Eunwoo and Johnny with a bewildered look. So, is this ghost thing really true?

"Thanks." Johnny said as a wide smile plastered on his face, fluttering his eyes a bit.

"Jungkook, have some."

"Oh, thanks." I smiled at him in return as I grabbed the sandwich from his grip.

"It'll be rude if I don't get him something," I heard Johnny say. "Milk will be on me." He continued as he grabbed his wallet and ran downstairs. Right when Johnny left, Taehyung appeared out of nowhere. He looked over the railing of the stairs and peaked at Eunwoo's notebook. "Where's mine?" He asked, using a baby tone.