Chapter Ten: Wish

Jungkook's Pov

We stood in front of the art museum facing each other when we exited.

"How will you get home?"

"I'll take the bus home." Taehyung says as he puts his hands out of his pockets. We stayed silent for a moment while he stared at me. "Thankyou for bringing me here today." I blurted out, stuttering a bit, not thinking much, only to see Taehyung smile through his mask.

Thankyou, for finding this place, bringing me here, letting me see the colors, and explaining them to me.

Taehyung spread his arms wide open as he jumped in for a hug all of a sudden. I moved away from in front of him and turned my back to him, facing the other way. Taehyung almost fell from my actions and slouched down like a kid. "Get home safely, Jungkook!"

Can probes read their mono's minds?

"Hey, let me come home with you today." I heard Taehyung say as he hugs me from behind, wrapping his arm around my waist and facing his head next to me on my shoulder. Darn, he's irresistible. No way. Pretend you didn't hear him, Jungkook.

"Is your aunt home?"

"No." What the, what did I just say?

"Then, what about your dad?"

"He's not home either."

"It'll just be you and me then."

He already knew that I didn't have a mother, even though I've never told him before. How much do you know about me, Taehyung?

"Taehyung..."

Taehyung sighed and let me go. "Go ahead."

"Taehyung, if I let you come with me, will you grant me a wish?"

Taehyung smiled as an answer, "It'll be my command, Jungkook."

Taehyung and I stand in front of my apartment complex, my hand brushing against the code panel, turning it on with Taehyung pestering me from behind. "Hurry up Jungkook, I'm starving! Let's eat ramyeon for dinner. It's what I'm craving. " What is he saying? "Come on, quick!" Taehyung continued, whining like a baby.

I put the pot of ramyeon on the messy dining table after it finished cooking. I took off my gray school jacket and placed it on the back of the chair. As I was about to call out for Taehyung to eat, he beat me to it. "Jungkook. Is the fair lady your mother? "

The question caught me by surprise. My eyes widened as I looked from the kitchen into the living room, only to see Taehyung holding a large cloth in his hand, staring at my father's painting. I quickly walked to him, making large footsteps in the apartment complex enough for my neighbors to complain. I grabbed his arm since his hands were in his pockets. "What are you doing?" Taehyung turned to me and removed my hand from his arm. "Chill out Jungkook. I was just curious." Taehyung sat down with me following him as an aftermath.

"Taehyung."

"Yes?"

"She disappeared 4 years ago."

"You know Jungkook, I saw the missing person flyer. She looked familiar in a way," He turned to face me. "It was you I saw in her." I fully faced him, turning my body towards him while he stared at me. "I want to take a proper look at it, please,"

"I want to see the colors my dad used to paint it."

"That's my wish."

Taehyung smiled, "That's what I'm here for anyway, Jungkook."

In seconds, Taehyung's black mask had already been torn off, revealing his gorgeous thin lips, narrowed nose, and fox-like eyes. A rush of colors exited through his face and entered my world. When I turn my head to the painting, the once different shades of gray paint turn into different colors from Taehyung's world. "Jungkook, try to take it." I stood up, still facing the painting, trembling a bit.

Sky-blue, a sky blue dress

Mom's sky-blue dress.

Brown shoes.

Red lips.

Your headband was yellow, mom. I can finally see your true smile.

This is the aura you have.

Where are you, mom?

I can tell you everything now.

I can teach you all the colors.

Mom said that she and I saw the world in the same way. She told me that the world wasn't a shade of gray, but consisted of many beautiful colors.

Tears streamed down both sides of my cheeks like waterfalls as Taehyung rubbed my back. "I'll be the key to your colors, Jungkook." He said as he turned me around to face him. He held my waist as he leaned in, "I'm right here for you, Jungkook." We locked eyes, my hands on his cheeks. We leaned in closer and closer, feeling each other's breath. The world stopped just for us to have this moment. And I know Taehyung isn't going to miss it, so am I. "Why are you so handsome, Taehyungie?" Taehyung chuckled at the nickname and ended it with a soft smile across his lips. We continued to stare when he finally made his move. My right hand rested on his chest while my left was on his cheek. His hand moved from my waist to my hip instead. We tilted our heads in sync as he lowered his head down to me. Our lips hovered above each other when we heard the code on my code panel being typed in as the front door opened.

Taehyung and I got caught off guard and quickly turned around. Taehyung stood in front of me, his body facing me but his head facing the front door. "Stand behind me, Jungkook."

Wait, hold on.

"Auntie?"